• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Unconventional Modelling Software

Started by AHadley, April 10, 2009, 04:15:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AHadley

Quote from: RABBITPOLICE on October 15, 2009, 07:52:23 PM
nope still cant find the name of the old program used to make bz2 models

It's right there in the first post! First two words! It's even a link!

mrtwosheds

But you cannot use it to make bz2 models...gq radiant that is, its for quake.

AHadley

GTK is idTech3's mapping engine. And it's possible to convert BSP files to OBJ models, which can... eventually... be turned into XSIs. I'm not a modeller. I'm not using it.

Clavin12

Anyobdy seen this? http://photosynth.net/ apparently its free.

Or this? http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=7882 site under construction...free as well.
C l a v i n 1 2

VSMIT

Quote from: Clavin12 on October 16, 2009, 03:50:17 PM
Anyobdy seen this? apparently its free.
Seen air?  I personally haven't seen air.  But yes, it is free.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

Clavin12

note the addition of links. I happen to have the flu so please cut some slack.
C l a v i n 1 2

bigbadbogie

Quote from: VSMIT on October 16, 2009, 04:25:54 PM
Seen air?  I personally haven't seen air.  But yes, it is free.

Never been outside on a cold morning then?
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Clavin12

The second one could be used for making props, especially now that we can take high poly counts.
C l a v i n 1 2

bigbadbogie

Just because we have a higher poly count doesn't stop the fact that high poly models slow down the game.

The old limit was there for a reason...
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

VSMIT

Quote from: bigbadbogie on October 17, 2009, 01:14:09 AM
The old limit was there for a reason...
Because the engine couldn't handle anything larger than that?
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

TheJamsh

Mainly old versions of direct X were slower and transferring data to the graphics card, and graphics cards were slower. The actual game engine itself probably couldn't care less... BZ2 was done AGES ago afterall.

Im pretty sure if it was released tomorow all the models would be high poly. Pandemic has probably developed a better engine by now, or someone else (keeps obsession with UE3.5 to himself)

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.