• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

[DOWNLOAD W/ XSIs] ISDF ATV (Me showing off)

Started by Nielk1, April 10, 2009, 01:59:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AHadley

Quote from: Feared_1 on April 11, 2009, 12:22:52 PM
stop getting excited.

Yeah, sorry, I was being a bit of an asshole there.

BNG Da BZ Fool

Very cool model bro! I've made several of my own design both wheeled and hover class. One's a 2 squirrelly wheeled bike and the other a fast low level hover scooter. Is it possible to get them to initially appear without the pilot and then once a pilot mounts the units change to a version with a piloted figure? The only way I can think of doing this is with 2 separate models one minus a pilot and the second with a pilot, but how could that be done? Perhaps, via a animation file? Or maybe with LOD settings? Can it be done with a DLL? I remember another early version when 1.3 first came out, but the unit was sickly slow and vastly under gunned; I believe it was deployed by an APC type. Anyways, the model is very cool. BNG.
When I'm not in hot water with the community I'm usually making models for BZII. I've made a few models for other peeps. BNG.

TheJamsh

BNG, Dont fret too much about getting the pilot to appear. It CAN be done with .dll in existing public betas. i will say no more.

the think i believe you are speaking off is the hawk speeder, which i have modified already for 1.3. initially, it came from forgotten enemies and was indeed deployed by the APC.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

AHadley

lol, I've just noticed you guys have started calling it the Hawk too... it wasn't originally named as such in FE, (just 'Speeder Bike'), but I've renamed it the Hawk in Perfidious. Still, Hawk is easier than Speeder Bike, so please, carry on :wink:

TheJamsh

i wondered where 'Hawk' came from. Its a good name though... needs to be a reason for it though! You cant have Avatar sneaking around finding out that new names have been made for things without a backstory!

Therefore, isdf troops started calling it the hawk because it sounded cool. That should keep him at bay for a while...

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

AHadley

Reason for the name of the Hawk, let's see... Speed? Maybe not, its a bit slow... Power? It carries a FAF, so no. Any particular reason for the name of an Avenger? Wolverine? Interceptor? Bloody hell, the interceptor is too slow to intercept anything!

Some ISDF units have name conflicts...

Assault Tank - Sentinel or Bulldog?
Rocket Tank - Wolverine or Griffin?
Bomber - Liberator or Thunderbird?

Nielk1

Quote from: AHadley on April 12, 2009, 06:52:50 AM
Assault Tank - Sentinel or Bulldog?
Rocket Tank - Wolverine or Griffin?
Bomber - Liberator or Thunderbird?

Only the A.Tank, the Rocket Tank is Griffin and the Bomber Liberator. The BZ1 rocket tank was Wolverine and the BZ1 rocket bomber was Thunderbolt (not bird).

Click on the image...

AHadley

In the manual, the Rocket Tank is listed as Wolverine (and the sound clips say 'Wolverine Here') and the bomber is marked as Thunderbird somewhere, can't remember where. Not the manual, game or sound clips, so I don't know where it came from...

Nielk1

Quote from: AHadley on April 12, 2009, 01:33:25 PM
In the manual, the Rocket Tank is listed as Wolverine (and the sound clips say 'Wolverine Here') and the bomber is marked as Thunderbird somewhere, can't remember where. Not the manual, game or sound clips, so I don't know where it came from...

Nope on the Rocket Tank. My manual, paper book, says Griffin. I bet the sound is because for some of them they used BZ1 VOs.

Same with the bomber. Thunderbird could have been a moniker in a mission or something.

Click on the image...

AHadley

Quote from: Nielk1 on April 12, 2009, 02:03:13 PM
Nope on the Rocket Tank.

Yeah, just realised I'm looking at the Manson/Flannery Bz1-era story at the beginning. Oops. =/

bigbadbogie

Quote from: Nielk1 on April 12, 2009, 02:03:13 PM
Same with the bomber. Thunderbird could have been a moniker in a mission or something.

From the INF:

QuoteISDF THUNDERBIRD BOMBER
Hardpoints:
- Bomb

Built by: Factory
Requirements:
- Bomber Bay
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Nielk1

Click on the image...

bigbadbogie

I think when Braddock calls the bomber Liberator 1, it may have been a callsign.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Nielk1

Quote from: bigbadbogie on April 12, 2009, 05:30:06 PM
I think when Braddock calls the bomber Liberator 1, it may have been a callsign.

Paper manual calls all bombers "Liberator"

Click on the image...

AHadley

Which one are we deciding on as official? Given the evidence, I'd say Thunderbird, since it's only ever referred to as a Liberator in the paper manuals (very inaccurate) or by Braddock, possibly referring to one bomber in particular.