• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Battlezone 2 help

Started by Methead, April 11, 2009, 01:25:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Methead

Hi there, BZuniverse. I'm new here. :)

Now, I played the first Battlezone, had a blast with it, and started playing the 2nd game.

I'm having some troubles with the new command interface-

1. How do you group several squads together into a single group\hotkey, like in the 1st game?

2. How do you group weapons together?

Thanks in advance.

AHadley

Grouping two groups can be done easily, so long as there are five or fewer units per group. Select both groups, then hold CTRL and press a Function key to assign them to that group. Alternatively, to move one group into another (again, both must be of no more than 5 units) select one unit, then hold CTRL and press the Function key for the unit you want to merge it with.

IIRC, only weapons of the same type can be linked. This is done by pressing the K key. There are only a few vehicles with weapons that can be linked, and most can be found on the Greenheart and Commando MPI Recycler variants.

And as a closing note, welcome to a new player. Hope you enjoy the new patch (1.3) and the many mods that have been made for it.

Don't forget to play 1.2 too, as this has some mods which have not yet been converted to 1.3, though Red Devil is working on it.

Methead

Quote from: AHadley on April 11, 2009, 01:57:18 PM
Grouping two groups can be done easily, so long as there are five or fewer units per group. Select both groups, then hold CTRL and press a Function key to assign them to that group. Alternatively, to move one group into another (again, both must be of no more than 5 units) select one unit, then hold CTRL and press the Function key for the unit you want to merge it with.

IIRC, only weapons of the same type can be linked. This is done by pressing the K key. There are only a few vehicles with weapons that can be linked, and most can be found on the Greenheart and Commando MPI Recycler variants.

And as a closing note, welcome to a new player. Hope you enjoy the new patch (1.3) and the many mods that have been made for it.

Don't forget to play 1.2 too, as this has some mods which have not yet been converted to 1.3, though Red Devil is working on it.

By "function key", you mean the F keys, right? Just like in the 1st game, then.

I tried that, but it didn't work. I have no idea why.. do you think it has something to do with patches? Also, can you please spare me a link to the v1.3 patch?

I'm using win XP, if that has anything to do with it.

Thanks for the help.

Nielk1

Any help?

1.3pb4a allows for mixed unit groups instead of only like units.

Click on the image...

Methead

Quote from: Nielk1 on April 11, 2009, 02:22:13 PM
1.3pb4a allows for mixed unit groups instead of only like units.

Okay! Looks like the patch worked! Sorry for the bother!

Lookin forward to battling you guys online :)

TheJamsh

There is one problem with the pb4a patch at the moment and that is lag. try to keep youre games to 3 players if you can. work is being done to fix it.

whatever you do, dont go back to 1.2 :P we need more players in 1.3! and pass the disc to youre friends! (not that i condone copyright fraud XD)

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Zero Angel

Quote from: Methead on April 11, 2009, 01:25:12 PM2. How do you group weapons together?
The best thing to do first is to change some of your key binds to make weapon switching and linking much easier. First go into Options, then go into Input. I recommend using this set up.

Next Weapon: ScrollDown
Previous Weapon: ScrollUp
Multi-Select: Mouse2 (AKA: right click)
Multi-Select Toggle Weapon: Mouse 1 (AKA: normal click)

Before you click on 'bind' to set the bind, click on 'clear' to clear the old one.

Now, to actually use this in game (providing that host has allowed weapons linking since its disabled by default) is to hold the right click button to engage weapons linking mode, scroll down to select the next weapon, and press the fire button (normal click) to link it. When you release the right mouse button, the weapons that you linked will stay linked and you'll be able to use them both at once.

I guarantee this method makes changing and linking weapons so much easier. Because it even allows you to switch back to the previous weapon. Like if you're in a blast/chains/MDM/Phantom tank then you can switch between blast/chain by flicking your scrollwheel up and then down while holding down your fire button.
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

hybirdisdf

Dont forgot reinstall 1.3 patch void being bad asset.There is much more mods out there at bz2scrap.Starfleet,Outback,Evil Empire,Resitance,Forgotten Enemy.You will need MM5 to run this mods.They are good mods.My favorite mods are Resitance,EE,FE.

Nielk1

I prefer the default controls of Shift+Click myself.

Click on the image...

Vid

You can split groups as well.

Ctrl + Fkey, release, pick the unit(s) you want, then ctrl + group you want to move them to.

I don't like that groupings(except turrets it seems) are limited to 5, but then again squads over 5 seem to perform worse getting caught up on themselves in battle more than a 5-squad does.  They bang together too much and won't fire because of friendly.

*edited to remove mistake*

Nielk1

Quote from: Vid on April 11, 2009, 10:41:00 PM
You can split groups as well.

Ctrl + Fkey, release, pick the unit(s) you want, then ctrl + group you want to move them to.

I don't like that regroupings(except turrets it seems) are limited to 5, but then again squads over 5 seem to perform worse getting caught up on themselves in battle more than a 5-squad does.  They bang together too much and won't fire because of friendly.

I don't know of any limits myself.

Click on the image...

TheJamsh

Regroupings arnt limited at all...

They do tend to be a little dumb when used in huge groups. The trouble is re-tuning all the ships would take a LOT of time and effort, something i sure dont have time for.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Vid

groupings sorry... not regroupings.  my wording was bad.   Groups are limited to 5 units correct?

*edit*
My tank groups are limited to 5 unless I queue them into a 10 group from the factory/recycler.
ie... regrouping them together the limit is 5, but this doesn't apply to turrets it seems.

VSMIT

Groups are limited to 10 units each...

VSMIT.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

AHadley

You can build and regroup in sets of ten, you shouldn't be experiencing limits with that...