• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

help!

Started by Tom, April 14, 2009, 08:51:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

when playing bz1 it freezes, but i can steal hear shooting and other stuff in the background, but no movement on my screen, can any1 help me ? or is my gfx card just a lil 2 good?

Nielk1

Have you done all the patching required for compatibility with modern systems?

Someone else can give you the list of patches and such to do that, I do not know myself.

Click on the image...

Tom

no.... i havent ;/ do i need the 1.4 patch and then do the vista compatabilty tutorial?

Mr. Spock

Tom, visit www.battlezone1.net. I'm sure you will find needed files and info there.

Vid

Not sure what the installer has that the CD + patches don't.
Tried installing via CD, 1.4 patch, removing anims folder, compatibility mode/no compatibility.  This would run but frequently crash at random.

Installer went in, and smooth just like I remember it.  Only issue is window resizes itself after beating a mission, but when the new mission launches, the windows corrects itself.

add 1 vote to the installer.

Nielk1

Out of curiosity, does BZE run on your PC without crashing? I know it has various fixes as well as its additional addons, but it is currently MP only and thus only a good quick test. (Unless they released the version that has SP).

There is a full installer out there, several IIRC, but they are legal gray areas and for that reason cannot be directly linked here. They might have the fixes.

Perhaps someone with more knowledge should list the needed patches and changes in this topic?

Click on the image...

Vid

BZE menus seem stable, but not many people on right now to test with, + I was a novice at best against online players + I've got 8 years of rust on me.

This is of course if you were talking to me and not the Original poster

I was just saying trying to install from the CD, even with patches, folder deletions, and the winents2.dll or however its spelled, it never seemed to run stable in SP.  The installer posted though, does.