• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Forgotten Enemies (BZ2CP): Full Installer Released!

Started by Sonic, November 24, 2003, 06:47:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Commando

The XSIs probably, the .msh files are copyrighted by activision.

IceWendigo

Ive been out of the loop for a while

a) Is FE compatible with the latest public 1.3?
b) Is G66 compatible with 1.3?

thanks

:-D

Commando

For FE, you will need to download and install the following files.

http://files.filefront.com//;6507918;;/
http://files.filefront.com/RD_FE_MPI_13zip/;7460194;/fileinfo.html

For G66, you will need 2.0.  That is the only version of g66 compatible with 1.3.

IceWendigo

the second link (RD FE MPI 13zip) does not appear to be working, I get a page with all sorts of stuff

Red Devil

What box???

technoid

Hey guys, I need to reinstall the latest and final FE for BZ2 1.2 again, and as it's been awhile since I've done a full reinstall of it, I'm not sure what files I *only* need to do that nowadays as there have been updates to FE in the past 5 years.  I usually just copied the installed folder over and over, until it became messy and unstable.  Now I need to install it fresh to another PC. 

So, does it go like this? >>

1.  Full FE Installer (includes Rev.C) (263.46MB)
2.  FE Multiplayer Rev.D (9.58MB)
3.  Fix Full FE Install (that includes Rev.C) (1KB)
4.  Complete FE Map Pack Version 4 (21.1MB)
5.  What else?? 

Do I even need # 2 thru 5?  Or was there already a Full Installer with Rev.D made, or whatever was the final revision?  Please point me in the right direction.  TIA!

Axeminister

Most people (that I know of) play 1.2 FE have the Rev. C. Just do number one on your list. You can always add maps/mappacks to it as you find them.
There is no knowledge that is not power.

TheJamsh

ive almost finished turning tranquility into a universal map for instants/mpi's and strats.

ill probably give it to RD and release it as a lone map

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

technoid

Quote from: Axeminister on October 26, 2008, 01:05:39 PM
Most people (that I know of) play 1.2 FE have the Rev. C. Just do number one on your list. You can always add maps/mappacks to it as you find them.
Ok thanks, I'll start with that.  I'm just worried about the unstableness (especially freezes) of FE.  What about that Multiplayer Rev.D?   Is that rev.D just for multiplayer or for the whole of FE? 

technoid

Ok I did a fresh reinstall of FE, using BZ2 1.1 CD install, BZ2 bug patch 1.2, and Full FE Rev.C installer (263 MB).  This includes both Lostlamb's No-CD and SOF patch implements.  Now some of the Instant Action maps crash to desktop when I pick my team as Scion in an 'FE 3 Way' map.  The 'FE Variety' maps seem to be working ok.  I haven't tried Multi nor Single yet.  The IA maps these are happening on are Box, CanyonX, RiverMayhem, Subterfuge.  I think the rest of the FE 3 Way's should be ok as far as I tested (as Scion).

The same crash I get across these maps is:

ERR |Debug           |               debug:544  |14:52:31|138699 |0050BFAB +056B bzone.exe EXE StatusDisplay.obj public:
static void  __fastcall StatusDisplay::Control(float)

Additionally, a couple of these crashed maps give:

ERR |Debug           |               debug:544  |14:52:31|138699 |00626095 +0005 bzone.exe system crc.obj public:
static unsigned long  __fastcall Crc::CalcStr(char const  *,unsigned long)

So, did I miss another crucial FE patch somewhere?  I may have seen these crashes before several years ago and probably got them patched, dunno.  This is running on an HP Pentium4 notebook, WinXP/Home with SP3. 

Axeminister

I have all the exact stuff you installed. And my only guess is that I hope you rebooted at least two times after installing all that. And you let everything install all the way. Sorry I'm not more help. You want to shoot some Fe mpi tonight, we love the ridge map?
There is no knowledge that is not power.

technoid

Quote from: Axeminister on October 30, 2008, 05:32:49 PM
I have all the exact stuff you installed. And my only guess is that I hope you rebooted at least two times after installing all that. And you let everything install all the way. Sorry I'm not more help. You want to shoot some Fe mpi tonight, we love the ridge map?
Thanks but sorry, can't, I'm restricted to 56k dialup on weekdays (weird work schedule) and even then someone would probably be using the phone.  Best bet is on weekends when I am on my fiberoptic line.  BTW the crash starts 1-2 seconds after I pick (mouse click) what race I will be (that 3way menu with Zeeder's chicken in the background... well I think that is Z's), thus it crashes right at the very start.  I will try those other little miscellaneous patches, but I doubt they will work, so perhaps I'll await for more replies first. 

Centerline

Hey Techie,

The Rev C and D patches were for MPI only.  The Rev D patch finally fixed the Scion over-build, the portal bug, added a few optional extras to liven it up a bit and give map makers a few more options.

Good luck on getting it all running nicely.  You may check to see if you have the fix for the Full FE install with Rev C included.  I have a copy on my site if you can't find it:  www.valler.com/bz2

Centerline...

technoid

Quote from: Centerline on November 06, 2008, 11:33:07 PM
Hey Techie,

The Rev C and D patches were for MPI only.  The Rev D patch finally fixed the Scion over-build, the portal bug, added a few optional extras to liven it up a bit and give map makers a few more options.

Good luck on getting it all running nicely.  You may check to see if you have the fix for the Full FE install with Rev C included.  I have a copy on my site if you can't find it:  www.valler.com/bz2

Centerline...

Thanks for the info Scott.  I've forgotten (FE pun?) all about what those last revisions were for.  I haven't looked at the fix at your site yet, but I'll get to it soon.  If that doesn't work, and so far no one has helped me with those errors I posted earlier (the ones about StatusDisplay and CalcStr), then I will be redoing a fresh reinstall of FE by this coming weekend.

Clavin12

C l a v i n 1 2