• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

TA5 Bugs or Issues (Someone had to start it)

Started by Commando, April 24, 2009, 07:24:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Killer AK

To GSH
sabres are driving pretty far past thier target and are getting thier butts kicked by sentries with ion guns as a result,
i think this was done in order so they stop gettin stuck behind stuff or something, really noticable in strategy against other players.....mpi it doesn't matter so much.

check it out

(Thanks again for the great patch this is the best one yet!! Your work and efforts rock!!)

mrtwosheds

:-D
QuoteAnd why do I have such low karma now?
Probably because you even think that using win 2000 is viable thing to do.  :-D

Clavin12

Well its my only option and its better than 95/98 and definititely better than ME
C l a v i n 1 2

AHadley

Eurgh, don't remind me about ME. Nothing can fail as epically as that.

Zero Angel

Quote from: mrtwosheds on June 06, 2009, 12:28:15 PM
:-D
Probably because you even think that using win 2000 is viable thing to do.  :-D
Huh? Windows 2000 was actually pretty good. Windows XP is actually little more than Windows 2000 with a new interface, better game support and some additional tweaks.

When I used 98 it was horrible as I had to reinstall it every 6 months because it would get increasingly slow and unstable if I messed with it too much. I thought it was just a normal part of owning a computer -- When I moved to Win2k I didnt have any problems whatsoever, even despite my tweaking, and my win2k install stayed with me for about 2 years and I never had to reinstall it (till my HD crashed and I lost all my mod development). In fact it isnt really functionally different from Windows XP.

I've heard bad things about SP4 for Win2k, but apart from that it has lower system reqs than XP (Anything that XP will do with a given amount of system RAM, 2k will do, but with 128MB less RAM), and also nearly all XP drivers are compatible with Win2k so I don't see what's bad about it.
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

Clavin12

From the screenshots it doesn't look much different than 2000. I've never used it so i dont know what makes it such a bad os.
C l a v i n 1 2

AHadley

From what I've read its game compatibility is its biggest downfall.

Nielk1

I had ME for the longest time without one issue or screw up.

Click on the image...

mrtwosheds

QuoteHuh? Windows 2000 was actually pretty good.
I usually enclose things in smilies when I am joking.
But really, I can only see that using win 2000 now is going to be a fun ride of issue after issue and program incompatibilities with any new pieces of software you try to run on it. If you have a nice collection of 10 year old software to go with it, then I imagine it will work ok.
Personally I think I am being a ludite by sticking with XP, but I only do this because I disapprove of the direction MS has taken with the Vista operating systems, and am not prepared to get ripped off again.

Clavin12

2000 was never meant to run games but was more of an office/networking system, but I am running BZ2 on it almost as well as if i did it on XP. I dont really intend to install anything bigger than that on it.
C l a v i n 1 2

Firefly

well ive ready the posts best i can, so heres my issue, i get it all loaded up and when i get to the login screen, no pilot names all empty, when i got to creat a new one i type the name it enter and it dont show up on the list, so i cant login to play at all  :x help?

Nielk1

Common issue for Vista users. W7 too.
Run as admin.
If that doesn't work, run BZ2 from somewhere like your Docs folder where your are permitted to read/write without issue.

Click on the image...

Firefly

aha, thx nielk1, jeez vista is annoying :-o good to see ya btw... Remember me?

Nielk1

Yes, the man with 2 names :-P

Is this pilot creation issue in the Known Bugs thread yet?

Click on the image...

VSMIT

If it isn't, it should be.
* VSMIT is too lazy to look...
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.