• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

TA5 Bugs or Issues (Someone had to start it)

Started by Commando, April 24, 2009, 07:24:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red Spot

Here they both are:
http://members.ziggo.nl/red_spot/pilot_0.dat
http://members.ziggo.nl/red_spot/pilot_1.dat

English, most of the things on my system are in english. I only have windows and office in Dutch which I in the time did for my GF who wasnt too good in english.

If I reinstall than whats the point of copying the pilots? You mean reinstalling and dumping the pilot into the pilots folder before I first boot the game? Will try the last later today, I now have all the resources at hand so shouldnt take more than 2-ish minutes :)
(judging by the fact that when using a custom config it does work I would assume this would work as well..)
*Something intelligent, yet funny*

AHadley

Turning reflections on produces water that looks like it did in 1.2 with settings on low - in other words, it's neither transparent nor reflective, its completely flat.

EDIT: Window mode doesn't work any more either, the window and background change size but the boxes and text don't change at all.

Red Devil

I mean copying the working pilot_0.dat over the bad one, then reinstalling to see if installing/reinstalling it messes with the pilot_0.dat file.

Quote from: Red Spot on April 27, 2009, 09:09:49 AM
If I reinstall than whats the point of copying the pilots? You mean reinstalling and dumping the pilot into the pilots folder before I first boot the game? Will try the last later today, I now have all the resources at hand so shouldnt take more than 2-ish minutes :)
(judging by the fact that when using a custom config it does work I would assume this would work as well..)
What box???

GSH

Turning reflections on produces water that looks like it did in 1.2 with settings on low - in other words, it's neither transparent nor reflective, its completely flat.

What graphics chipset do you have? On my main boxes at home -- with GeForce 8800GTX in main box, ATI x600 in laptop, reflections work great. On my Dad's eeePC 1001HA, water reflections weren't as happy -- just looked murky. I'm really starting to develop a real "love" of Intel integrated video chipsets....

-- GSH

Red Spot

Ok, did a few tests after reinstalling 1.3ta5 2 more times on a clean install of BZ2:

"Battlezone II test1"
-copied the working pilot_1.dat to the pilots folder and renamed it to pilot_0.dat, overwritting the pilot_0.dat in the folder after installation (before ~640bytes, after ~8kb)
+result: properly working first login

"Battlezone II test2"
-Ran the game to trigger the issue with the first login. Created a proper login on slot 2.
Deleted pilot_0.dat and renamed pilot_1.dat to pilot_0.dat and ran the game again.

"Battlezone II test3"
-Ran the game to trigger the issue with the first login, quit the game without creating a pilot. Deleted pilot_0.dat and reloaded the game.

Was thinking of doing one more test by moving a working pilot_0.dat to the pilots folder and reinstall after to see how it works. However the above test clearly show its the present pilot_0.dat that cause the issue with the first login I havent. I did reinstall 1.3ta5 over the "test3" install to see if the installer would again make a new pilot_0.dat or if it would leave the one I made, it doesnt create it. So I checked my 'fresh install' and it has a pilot_0.dat from 640bytes ......
(I had installed the game from CD and made a .rar out of it, not sure if I logged in before making the .rar or if the installation from CD also creates a pilot_0.dat, but it seems that that is the whole issue, having a non-1.3ta5 pilot in your pilots folder)

So the end conclusion is that I have to kick myself in the face ... several times ...  :roll:
Maybe the installer can be made to clear out the pilots folder or use a "pilots13" folder like with the maps to prevent this.
It can possibly be prevented if the CD doesnt install a pilot, but as you may understand I dont like using the original disk (its locked in its shrine ...)
*Something intelligent, yet funny*

TheJamsh

i previously got an issue with water looking flat.

i used a console command to change it slightly... mirror = 0 or something similar. looks much better that way. some of the maps water never looked right in the first place...

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Clavin12

C l a v i n 1 2

AHadley

No, just like the other builds. Wait for a conversion.

AHadley

Quote from: GSH on April 27, 2009, 11:30:00 AM
What graphics chipset do you have? On my main boxes at home -- with GeForce 8800GTX in main box, ATI x600 in laptop, reflections work great. On my Dad's eeePC 1001HA, water reflections weren't as happy -- just looked murky. I'm really starting to develop a real "love" of Intel integrated video chipsets...

-- GSH

An Intel integrated, ironically. An 82865G.

lastmsg

N1 DELETED IT  :x

I just got here and the little movie was gone, to fix it I had to exit out of the game and go back on it. This is the 4th time it has happened

bigbadbogie

HOW did you make that happen?... I am sure that was fixed!!
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

lastmsg

Ummm... I don't know?

I went on, logged in and BOOM!

White Box!

That is all I do.

Steeveeo

Happens to me when I go back from the Multiplayer menu.

BTW, with the switch to DX9, was there any optimizations to polygon rendering? IE, can we use more polys in our units with less drawback than the PBs?

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

GSH

Max polygon/index count remains the same. Objects are done with vertex/index buffers, meaning that DirectX and your GPU will offload rendering work from your CPU.

-- GSH

lastmsg

I've got another bug

It happened when I loaded my save, I saved while in satellite view and the terrain was like it was not there, or the view distance was turned far down. It also happens every time I load the save, even after I turn off the game and turn it back on again.

http://www.bzcomplex.com/gallery/displayimage.php?pid=1247&fullsize=1

DL SAVE: http://download99.mediafire.com/xxmxkbmyz1ug/dwxf2ndgnqi/dunes.sav

EDIT: Picture link fixed, N1 deleted it >.>