• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

TA5 Bugs or Issues (Someone had to start it)

Started by Commando, April 24, 2009, 07:24:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red Spot

I remapped the screenshot key to the printscreenkey but this only seems to work in the editor, in the game I can use the screenshot button, but only once and than have to exit and save the screenshot manually :)

This is the edit for the keys:
// Take Screenshot
Bind("SysRq", "iface.screenshot");
//Bind("g", "iface.screenshot");

Worked in 1.2 and later, afaik. (got it from Newkeys)
*Something intelligent, yet funny*

Dx

I start it up and i'm at the login screen, music plays, mouse moves but i can't do anything other than tab out and end the process.

Nielk1

Screen shots do not work in MP now because they were basically a "make mega lag" button. Using a third party program if you really want MP screenies is best anyway.

Click on the image...

Sentient

Is there a format for reporting bugs? Or just post what you find basically?
I found  quite a few bugs in a particular recycler variant.  I'm not sure if  some of them are supposed to be like that or not.

What kind of bugs are important to report?

bigbadbogie

Big ones with 6 legs. :-P

Nah.. any bugs at all should be reported here in whatever format you want.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Sentient

In the "MPI only Commando variant" I was in a scion scout trying to pick up absorption shields while morphed and it would not allow me to.  As soon as I morphed back to normal then it allowed me to pick up the abs shield.

Red Spot

Quote from: Nielk1 on May 01, 2009, 08:50:37 PM
Screen shots do not work in MP now because they were basically a "make mega lag" button. Using a third party program if you really want MP screenies is best anyway.

Thanks, I had searched through the changelogs for 'screenshot' but couldnt find anything. Now I know its a feature .. issue solved :)

Steeveeo

ctrl+prntscrn works well enough for single screenshots, but if you're making, say, a slideshow, try FRAPS' built in screenshot capability.

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

jankula

Hi All !!! First of All Big Thanks for this Great Effort!
My Nod32 permanently is deleting file bzone.exe with explenation that is: virus is found?!?
Is This false/positive?

P.s. The patch i`had downloaded is from original source from this forum

bigbadbogie

Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Red Spot

Quote from: jankula on May 02, 2009, 05:44:07 PM
Hi All !!! First of All Big Thanks for this Great Effort!
My Nod32 permanently is deleting file bzone.exe with explenation that is: virus is found?!?
Is This false/positive?

P.s. The patch i`had downloaded is from original source from this forum

Good chance that your viruscontrol just doesnt recognise the installer and so sees the .exe as a potential virus.

Quote from: Steeveeo on May 02, 2009, 03:03:39 PM
ctrl+prntscrn works well enough for single screenshots, but if you're making, say, a slideshow, try FRAPS' built in screenshot capability.

Thanks, I know. I just didnt know if it was a bug or a feature and assumed it had to be a bug ....

Dx

I could see if i can get more info from my vs2008 but it may not say much with no debug available.

Steeveeo

Draw_Planar effect are now extremely flickery, especially when viewed from any angle greater than normal Pitch level (i.e. If viewed from the top of a hill, or if the planar goes up a hill).

Turning Z-Buffering down to 16-bit (from max, 24-bit w/ Stencil) appears to do nothing.

King Gladiator

i posted this in the wrong section. now i will post it here.  when i load up 1.3 ta5 and go into the login screen, it wont allow me to create a new pilot so i cant play the game. every pilot slot is empty and when i type in my new name, it wont add it to the list so i cant play the game.
The only thing that is necessary for evil to succeed is that men of good will do nothing.
-Edmund Burke

Steeveeo

BinData folder appears to be missing from Data. Had to load models into PB4a to grab the .MSH files I needed for SRV.