• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

TA5 Bugs or Issues (Someone had to start it)

Started by Commando, April 24, 2009, 07:24:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GSH

I probably know already, but to be quick how do you turn the firewall on?

It's included with XP SP2 and higher. You posted today on another thread that you've only got XP SP1. I responded with download links to XP SP2 and SP3. Then, you'll get the option to turn it on.

-- GSH

Clavin12

i already got it. This is going a bit slow because i'm using a flashdrive to carry the service packs
C l a v i n 1 2

Red Spot

Not sure if I should report this here ..

In the editor if you switch to 'height' or 'wire' and go to the exact center of the map my FPS goes from 500+ to 0.00. The game becomes extremelly laggy and makes it impossible to edit the exact center of the map. (It seems more severe if zoomed out, but this could just as well be cause it makes it easier to have the center of the map in my screen. The presence of the playership makes no difference, the below just has me in there to show that the 3 shots are from the same postion.)

*Something intelligent, yet funny*

TheJamsh

i noticed that as well red spot.

the only way to get around it that ive found is when in wire mode, switch to visibility range '250' only way i can get my FPS back.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Red Spot

Water in the editor:
No matter what I do it looks ugly, like there are 2 layers 'unevenly' on each other. Besides that it 'shakes'(around the edges it gives the impression it keeps going up and down a little)

TheJamsh

Shaking water edges mean you probably have to 'blend' them a little more. it does happen quite a lot with me, and it takes ages to get it right.

Did it happen in previous versions of BZ2?

As for water looking ugly, go into the console and type:

mirror.toggle. this basically toggles water reflections on and off, regardless of what the graphic setting is. it might make it look better.

Red Spot

Quote from: TheJamsh on May 08, 2009, 10:59:31 AM
Shaking water edges mean you probably have to 'blend' them a little more. it does happen quite a lot with me, and it takes ages to get it right.
Did it happen in previous versions of BZ2?

Not in 1.2 and iirc not in 1.3pb3 either, at least not 1/2 as bad as it is now. I don't care about the really minor details that much, but it shows from quite a distance away.

Quote from: TheJamsh on May 08, 2009, 10:59:31 AM
As for water looking ugly, go into the console and type:

mirror.toggle. this basically toggles water reflections on and off, regardless of what the graphic setting is. it might make it look better.

The editor allows this as well, it isn't the issue. Its the above that makes it look ugly. (As in the edges are really ugly and attract attention by flickering, the water itself like the rest of the game looks much better in ta5.)

AHadley

The wireframe thing is pretty serious, though I originally thought it was my system playing up. Turns out its not. I've decided to avoid tunnels as much as possible now :lol:

Nielk1

I have noticed the center of map lag issue. Truly a weird one. I was in wire mode and it crawled. In height wire it was unbearable.

Click on the image...

TheJamsh

I see it near the edge of a map when im looking into map space that doesnt exist (the true edge of the map). when i rotate the camera around, its fine.

Flicking the vis range down every time you press CTRL+E does get pretty annoying. The water flickering is something im seeing a LOT of.

Luckz

If I start an instant action or MP game, I see the HUD but otherwise only see what looks like, depending on the map, blue or reddish fog. The game sometimes just crashes then, sometimes it lets me fire a few missiles. Changing graphics settings does not seem to do anything.
Vista64 (with write access to the game folder), 9600GT with 185.81 drivers.

Quote from: Zero Angel on May 06, 2009, 11:10:02 AM
ESET Smart Security falsely flags <BZ2FOLDER>/bzone.exe as a virus when the 1.3TA5 installer is run. I know its typically a good idea to run installers with antivirus turned off, but I just thought I should post it here.

Had that happen too. I sent the bzone.exe to ESET saying that I presume it to be a false positive.

TheJamsh

Luckz

Quote from: TheJamsh on May 13, 2009, 01:42:45 PM
Turn Local Fog off Luckz.

As I said, I toggled all settings to their extremes. It does not care. Roughly looks like this. (The whiteness is because I had to open my quick launch menu to get my screenshot app out, and tabbing out of the window to anything else makes it hang and crash as seen there. But before I tab it also only sorta-lives for a few moments, notably the F1 icon flashes, but as soon as I try to shoot or anything it crashes.)

TheJamsh

All i can think of is trying to update drivers again.

NEED a screenshot really...

Luckz

Quote from: TheJamsh on May 13, 2009, 04:09:19 PM
All i can think of is trying to update drivers again.

NEED a screenshot really...

What does not satisfy you about my screenshot?