• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Battlezone in other games?

Started by General BlackDragon, April 25, 2009, 07:36:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General BlackDragon

BTW: GSH, i have a question:

Why is it, after I installed Star Trek: Armada 2, in the "misc" folder, there is: misn18.des

wich reads:

You will lead a small force behind enemy lines to destroy the Furies launch pad.  You will only have a limited amount of time to hit your target and then you must return to the dust off site before the moon explodes.

MISSION OBJECTIVES
- Destroy the Fury launch pad.

as well as moon.act, moon.alb, moon.lum,  moon.tbl, and sprite8.stb, spritea.stb ? wich i believe are also BZ1 related.

How did these end up in Star Trek Armada II?

*****General BlackDragon*****

GSH

Probably leftovers in the asset tree, or installer errors. I knew the guy who did the installer for BZ2, others; might have been swamped with work that week. Our release candidate builds were compiled at odd hours, and they needed a CD built ASAP.

-- GSH

General BlackDragon

cool.

curious though  :-D

battlezone is forever

Sabre Tank

Quote from: GSH on April 25, 2009, 07:39:52 PM
Probably leftovers in the asset tree, or installer errors. I knew the guy who did the installer for BZ2, others; might have been swamped with work that week. Our release candidate builds were compiled at odd hours, and they needed a CD built ASAP.

-- GSH

Were you one of the people that actually made Battlezone 2? Or was that someone else...

General BlackDragon

VSMIT

@Sabre:  GSH is one of the original developers for both Battlezone games.

@GBD:  That's awesome.  Battlezone is forever.

VSMIT.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

Nielk1

I thought Ken was both and GSH only #2

Click on the image...

GSH

Correct. Ken, Brad, and some others worked on both Battlezone 1 & 2. I've only touched BZ2.

-- GSH

VSMIT

My mistake then.  I knew that Ken worked on both, but I thought that GSH did, also.

VSMIT.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

General BlackDragon

i also found in some of the weapon odfs for A2:

//Should not be used
wpnReticle = "gblast"

Tempest Storm

In Dark Reign II's data archive there is the ISDF bomber's skin hanging around in one of the texture folders. :P

AHadley

I got a BZ1 manual on the second disk of my copy of Heavy Gear 2, along with its manual.

bigbadbogie

That is what happens when developers get idiots to package their work.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com