• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

A little something.

Started by Blue_Leader, April 26, 2009, 07:36:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

appel

Quote from: bigbadbogie on April 28, 2009, 07:37:43 PM
There are nearly always a few games up for both patches.

There is a difference between some sessions and a variety of many sessions, which active games have. BZ2 no longer has a variety of sessions to pick from, that's the fact. There may be a session up, but it's not necessarily a session you want to join and play in.

The graphics have improved a lot in 1.3, and every time I need to take a screenshot to show off BZ2 graphics I do so in 1.3, not 1.2. That should say enough.

Nielk1

Last few days in 1.3 TA5 I have seen DMs, MPIs, STs (with 8 players), CTFs, SCTFs, and a low gravity DM. MUCH more variety than I've EVER seen for 1.2

EDIT:
Quote from: appel on April 28, 2009, 07:30:22 PM
Stand down robots :)
BAHAHA! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! HEHEHAHA! :lol: Calling us robots...
HOHO!

Click on the image...

cheesepuffly

Quote from: Nielk1 on April 28, 2009, 08:04:14 PM
Last few days in 1.3 TA5 I have seen DMs, MPIs, STs (with 8 players), CTFs, SCTFs, and a low gravity DM. MUCH more variety than I've EVER seen for 1.2

EDIT:BAHAHA! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! HEHEHAHA! :lol: Calling us robots...
HOHO!

Oh god yes.

The same damn DM map with the same damn settings.

And mostly the same damn ZST maps.

I hate that soooooo much.
I liek chz

Chaka-Chaka-Pata-Pon!

Commando

Quote- Models, textures, and other graphics are outdated. The environment could surely look a whole lot better with some shader help, e.g. parallax occlusion mapping, soft shadows, and a rework/update on BZ2 models. Volumetric fog, ambient occlusion, etc. Tons of new methods out there.

Would be nice, but isn't feasible especially considering there is only one developer working on 1.3 for the most part.  The fact that there aren't very many modelers in the community left also makes this not feasible.

SkyNET

Okay. People are complaining that there's not many servers up for BZ2 anymore.

I notice in other MP games that people usually wont join a match unless there's already people in the server.

So if you can't find a server you want to play, go host your own. That goes for everybody here.

Clavin12

I try to but no one joins.
C l a v i n 1 2

TheJamsh

you need to sort out youre ports then clavin12. ive never seen youre games up

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

AHadley

Check nettips.rtf and your router manual.

Clavin12

I have a linksys wreless  router (but its connected to this pc via cable) and suddenlink modem. Whats nettips.rtf?
C l a v i n 1 2

Nielk1

In the BZ2 install dir.. somewhere.

Click on the image...

AHadley

In the BZ2 install dir. Root.

Clavin12

C l a v i n 1 2

GSH

If you try to host a game, and do not hear from anyone looking for a session within 15 seconds, BZ2 will point you at that file.

-- GSH

Red Spot

Quote from: GSH on April 29, 2009, 07:01:12 PM
If you try to host a game, and do not hear from anyone looking for a session within 15 seconds, BZ2 will point you at that file.

I'm not sure if you are refering to this, but 1.3ta5 has the .ini set to show 2 serverquiries.
// How many game info queries received that are logged to the
// console/chatbox, per session. This is useful to see if others can
// see your session online. Set to 0 to disable this, or set to a
// really big # to make permanent.
NumGameQueriesLoggedPerSession = 2

That 'should' give away if people can see you and if people are actually online looking for sessions.
*Something intelligent, yet funny*

Clavin12

C l a v i n 1 2