• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Battlezone 3 - what are we waiting for?

Started by RAVEgun, April 27, 2009, 09:10:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

(AK)Sabre

If anyone's going to make a BZ3, they need to decide which direction they want to take the game:  More towards BZ1, or more towards BZ2?

Personally, I thought BZ1 was easily the better - both in MP and SP.  The gameplay had more of an edge to it... hard to explain, but really BZ2 doesn't quite feel the same.  I'd still be playing BZ1 if the servers were still active...

VSMIT

But the fact is, they won't make a third(fifth) Battlezone game.

And there are still BZ1 servers up, you just have to have the right server.dat file.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

bigbadbogie

Quote from: (AK)Sabre on July 08, 2009, 12:10:24 AM
Personally, I thought BZ1 was easily the better - both in MP and SP.  The gameplay had more of an edge to it... hard to explain, but really BZ2 doesn't quite feel the same.  I'd still be playing BZ1 if the servers were still active...

I agree 100%.

I would have them remake BZ2 and go an entirely different direction with the story.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Dx

Quote from: (AK)Sabre on July 08, 2009, 12:10:24 AM
I'd still be playing BZ1 if the servers were still active...

Here's the latest servers.dat:
http://www.bz911.com/anet2/servers.dat

The way i see it, Battlezone made DM well and as for the Strat i think a combination of both Battlezone and Battlezone II Strat would be the thing to do...

If only we had the programmers willing to remake Bz in Ogre/raknet, the art work is easy enough to do.

One of the complaints i hear a lot from any new people trying the game is the graphics are too old and they won't give the game a chance because it doesn't look new.

General BlackDragon

*****General BlackDragon*****

Dx

Warfreak

:roll:, it seems that has become the universal answer...

TA5 is the latest of the many BattleZone2 1.3Patch PublicBetas, named TA5, or TechAlpha5, because of it's "upgrade" to DirectX9.

The only reason I don't like things with DX10 is because they are purely for Vista... which is considerbly limiting to who can play it / tolerate it.

Nielk1

Quote from: Dx on July 08, 2009, 07:51:33 PM
TA5?

Ogre has dx9 and 10.

What can be is nothing against what is.

And replacing a graphics engine with a new one is not a simple task.

Click on the image...

AHadley

DX10 is being patched to XP, by the Alky team I think, though that doesn't mean much...

Dx

Oh.. that TA5. I was thinking open source game engine. :p
Yes i know about GSH rewriting the execute buffers for dx9. (sounds like a endless job)

OvermindDL1

Quote from: Dx on July 08, 2009, 07:37:52 AM
If only we had the programmers willing to remake Bz in Ogre/raknet, the art work is easy enough to do.

From my perspective I would say:
If only we had the artists for the non-programming aspect to make a new BZ in whatever, the programming is easy enough to do.

Really, in all the groups I have seen, the programmers go on, but no one uses the new functionality, no new models, no nothing.  Programmers need people to use their work to feel validated, else they get bored and move on, as long as someone is always doing something with their work they stick around about forever.  I cannot say that about the artists, seems that if anything new catches their fancy they disappear, never to be heard from again....

Generated by OvermindDL1's Signature Auto-Add Script via GreaseMonkey

Dx

Lizard stuck with Bser..
I stuck with Bz for 9+ years.

I have yet to see a programmer stick with something. (I have to exclude GSH from this statement cause he's a pro)

OvermindDL1

BSer has stuck with his project.  I have stuck with my main project for a very long time now.  Heck, in the programming communities I am in, they have been around decades.

Generated by OvermindDL1's Signature Auto-Add Script via GreaseMonkey

Dx

I don't know why, but I just flashed on:

Dx: "What are we going to do tonight OM?"

OM: "What we do every night Dx..."

"Take over the world!"

:evil:

-Av-

http://pinkyandthebrain.sparkg.com/wavs/pinky/takeover.wav