• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Firefox connection problems

Started by AHadley, April 28, 2009, 02:03:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AHadley

I know many of you are Firefox users, so I know this is the place to come with my troubles.

I installed the 3.0.10 update a few hours ago, and when I restarted Firefox is was suddenly unable to find a connection. I checked my router, all lights green, computer recognises connection. IE worked, so I checked google and it told me I might have a firewall problem, so I checked that Norton was off (I've got 360 and I hate its guts) and that AVG didn't have one in the first place. Windows Firewall had an exception that was pointing to the wrong place, but I fixed that and it still didn't work. Google also told me I can't roll back an update. I've tried uninstalling and redownloading/reinstalling Firefox too, no good.

I then tried to use Opera, which received its equivalent error. Didn't bother to check firewalls here, I assume it's the same problem.

IE wouldn't let me download Google Chrome. I'm not sure why, but I do know it's a piece of hoot. (IE, not Chrome, though thats too new to be that much good)

Has anybody else experienced this problem? Is there something I can do to fix it?

Purplehaze

Eh, I'd suggest opening your ports, Im nost sure which ones, but almost everything these days requires you open ports
Hey you, Yeah you, In that window, hop outta there.

wasd

AHadley

Are you sure? It worked fine before the update... and I have no idea which ports to open.

TheJamsh

17770, 17771 & 17772 on both TCP and UDP.

Still haven't managed to get mine to open because it looks like virgin have put modded firmware on my router. grr at them.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Axeminister

I've had the same problems since the new update also.
There is no knowledge that is not power.

Clavin12

C l a v i n 1 2

AHadley

AVG is free, and AFAIK Avast is not.

It's so amazingly simple I'm suprised I didn't think of it before. Just restart your PC :lol:

Clavin12

C l a v i n 1 2

AHadley

I'm happy with AVG for now anyways :)

VSMIT

Quote from: TheJamsh on April 29, 2009, 02:22:10 AM
17770, 17771 & 17772 on both TCP and UDP.

Still haven't managed to get mine to open because it looks like virgin have put modded firmware on my router. grr at them.
What does this have to do with Firefox not working? :roll:

VSMIT.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

TheJamsh

lol i didnt read properly... all i saw was PORTS

BTW, Avast sucks. Didnt protect my computer against anything.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Clavin12

I guess, for different computer sand ppl it works differently, or seems to...
C l a v i n 1 2