• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Vehicles that randomly attack enemy units?

Started by Russian Roulette, April 30, 2009, 07:45:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Russian Roulette

So when I play as scion, my warrior tanks will randomly go out of my base and start attacking enemy units such as, scavs, extractors, enemy units attacking my scavs, and so on.

Is this supposed to happen? Is there a way to control when they go out to "hunt"?

Red Spot

Pressing the hold command seems to have that effect on some vehicles, send them to a nav-point or give them a 'goto' command instead.
*Something intelligent, yet funny*

lastmsg

I HATE IT WHEN SCAVS DO THAT! :x

I tell them to wait at a spot and then they just leave to go get scrap, it's like WTF UR GONNA GET KILLED. I think it would be nice if scavs would not move after you tell them to stay and only go look for scrap if you press 3 in the CMD menu. Hunt would be nice to but they need to travel in a group, like one group goes one way and another group goes a different way instead of if you order 2 groups to hunt, they go the same path, it should be completely random but they must be heading in the direction of the enemy base but each group gets a really random rout to it. But I never noticed them attacking random enemy's.

TheJamsh

you could make a scavenger hunt if you raelly want to... pointless though.

you realise that HUNT doesnt do anything? all it does is send the unit to the center of the map and back?

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Nielk1

Quote from: TheJamsh on April 30, 2009, 11:28:37 AM
you could make a scavenger hunt if you raelly want to... pointless though.

you realise that HUNT doesnt do anything? all it does is send the unit to the center of the map and back?

Yes, but it is EXCELLENT for DLLs to look for hunting units and have them do other things. I made a hunt DLL but it was noisy as hell.

Click on the image...

Steeveeo

And not just console spam, literal unit voice noise! :P

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

xSSx Grizzly

Mine sometimes do that, either tell them to hold, but lets face it, it makes your job easier.

Vid

In instant action, i find that whenever I switch from my scout to a Sabre, the pilot taking over the scout can't control it.  The scout will sit there, but if I give it a command, from that point on it will never sit still again.  It sometimes goes in circles, sometimes goes off in a random direction and won't respond to commands, despite acknowledging.  So I normally recycle it when I need to go over my yellow

Red Spot

Take a few tanks into combat, then tell them to go to a nav ... see how they dont respond and likelly get themselves all killed ...
(best way to avoid it is by telling them to follow something away from the combat, they do follow when a certain distance is between them and what they're told to follow)

There are imo a couple more minor AI-related bugs but they can be worked with. And it doesnt affect the AI that much anyway, except for the non-attacking R-tanks. (Which I think is cause they have such a weaponrange difference between _a and _c class weapons, and are told to engage based on weaponrange (likelly using the larger _c range))
*Something intelligent, yet funny*

King Gladiator

I think what would be nice is a ai personality modifier. i know that would be very hard to do though... at least i think it is... anyway it would be kinda cool to be able to set a stance like many rts games do such as hold ground, fire at will etc.
The only thing that is necessary for evil to succeed is that men of good will do nothing.
-Edmund Burke

TheJamsh

Not possible and it wont be happening anytime soon.

You can REALLY tune the ai behaviour now if you want to create a recycler variant. Zero Angle also typed up some invaluable information regarding AI types. its a little outdated but useful all the same.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

King Gladiator

yeah i know its impossible but its a nice idea though. somewhere on this site i remember someone saying changing the ai is like dodging bullets and unscrewing light bulbs without the wires crossing in three seconds before the sun goes supernova
The only thing that is necessary for evil to succeed is that men of good will do nothing.
-Edmund Burke

AHadley

Why not just say 'very difficult' or 'sodding impossible'?