• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

TheJamsh' TA5 Enhancement Pack Preview

Started by TheJamsh, May 03, 2009, 05:38:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrtwosheds

Maybe I already have far too much to do making my own stuff.

TheJamsh

For anyone who wants to contribute towards this pack, please get youre submissions in within the next 2-3 weeks. The pack is getting a bit TOO large now, so i want to finalize it after my two big projects are in and sorted. PLEASE test you're stuff as well, there will be beta testing later, but dont want any huge bugs to crop up.

If you have a submission and you want me to consider adding it in, PM me with a description of it and a link for the related files. Dont treat that as a feature request message though.

On a more negative note, im afraid im going to have to drop the 'merciless' aip set for the meantime. Depending on wether or not Red Devil is going to work on a new AIP editor program depends on wether i might work on them again or not. And how much free time i have before release date :).

If they do go in, maybe 'Beserk' is a better name? watcha think?

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Purplehaze

Eh i kinda like merciless, but it's your enhancement pack, So do whatever you wish
Hey you, Yeah you, In that window, hop outta there.

wasd

bigbadbogie

Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Zero Angel

A couple of suggestions:

-- Do not let it interfere with existing assets. It should enhance the BZ2 interface without preventing anyone without the pack from playing a game with someone who has it. An enhancement pack and a mod are different things. BZERC is an enhancement, BZNES is an enhancement, Newkeys is an enhancement. ZST is a mod (map based), XMOD is a mod (rec based), FE is a mod (full game mod).

-- You may used my colorize.tga file if you want the HUD to look a little different.

-- You should also consider adding newkeys to the pack -- I can make some customizations to newkeys if you like like the 'select all teammates' bind as well the 'fast pods' and 'exit bz2' keybinds. I also have several unique chat keybinds and taunts which people can check out.

QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

Nielk1

The asset fixes will be a separately launched aspect while all those safe to stock assets will be on all the time. I am trying to get a local mod manager made so even a complete moron can easily swap out things like texture packs, sound packs, and interface mods. I'm hitting some snags though, stupid .Net keeps getting in my way.

Click on the image...

TheJamsh

Yeah it wont be interfering or overriding stock assets, i was quite clear about that with any inclusions.

Nielk1 as he has said is writing up a mini-mod manager program, which will enable you to run the enhancement with certain things turned on & off.

Ive never used Newkeys, but would be interested in learning about it. TJRV has a solution for pods taking ages to order, but others stay the same.

AHadley

Dutchboy's NewKeys allows you to use keyboard commands for all kinds of features that you normally need the console or shell for. You can also use quick-chat with the numberpad.

TheJamsh

Cool

TimeVirus has just PM'ed me with permission to include his ZST maps. He wants them to have the "TV-mapname" prefix so they group together. Still need some Race maps and a the .dll fixed :)...

Zero Angel

Consider including additional built-in keybinds using bzgame_keys.cfg . This is my custom bzgame_keys.cfg which is based on Newkeys.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
//
// Copyright 1997-98 Activision Studios, Strategy Group
//
// Battlezone II - Setup for game mission
//
//
//             Dutch Boy's Key Config MOD
//
//                  92700 RELEASE

// Camera views
Bind("+shift F1", "view.set.cockpit");
Bind("+shift F2", "view.set.forward");
Bind("+shift F3", "view.set.chase");
Bind("+shift F4", "view.cockpit");
Bind("+shift F5", "view.interface");
Bind("+shift F9", "view.set.schematic");
Bind("+shift F10", "view.set.satellite");
Bind("+shift F12", "view.set.freeeye");

// Group toggle
Bind("-shift -ctrl F1", "control.group.toggle1");
Bind("-shift -ctrl F2", "control.group.toggle2");
Bind("-shift -ctrl F3", "control.group.toggle3");
Bind("-shift -ctrl F4", "control.group.toggle4");
Bind("-shift -ctrl F5", "control.group.toggle5");
Bind("-shift -ctrl F6", "control.group.toggle6");
Bind("-shift -ctrl F7", "control.group.toggle7");
Bind("-shift -ctrl F8", "control.group.toggle8");
Bind("-shift -ctrl F9", "control.group.toggle9");
Bind("-shift -ctrl F10", "control.group.toggle10");

// Group move
Bind("-shift +ctrl F1", "control.group.move1");
Bind("-shift +ctrl F2", "control.group.move2");
Bind("-shift +ctrl F3", "control.group.move3");
Bind("-shift +ctrl F4", "control.group.move4");
Bind("-shift +ctrl F5", "control.group.move5");
Bind("-shift +ctrl F6", "control.group.move6");
Bind("-shift +ctrl F7", "control.group.move7");
Bind("-shift +ctrl F8", "control.group.move8");
Bind("-shift +ctrl F9", "control.group.move9");
Bind("-shift +ctrl F10", "control.group.move10");

// Teammate selection
Bind("-shift -ctrl F10", "control.team.toggle1");
Bind("-shift -ctrl F9", "control.team.toggle2");
Bind("-shift -ctrl F8", "control.team.toggle3");
Bind("-shift -ctrl F7", "control.team.toggle4");

// Teammate send units
Bind("-shift +ctrl F10", "control.team.moveto1");
Bind("-shift +ctrl F9", "control.team.moveto2");
Bind("-shift +ctrl F8", "control.team.moveto3");
Bind("-shift +ctrl F7", "control.team.moveto4");

// Editor keys
Bind("+ctrl E", "mission.edit");
Bind("+ctrl Z", "editor.undo");
Bind("+ctrl A", "editor.redo");

// Activate chat
Bind("-shift -ctrl Enter", "network.chatline.activate2");
Bind("-shift +ctrl Enter", "network.session.togglescores");

// Game keys
Bind("+alt P", "mission.pause");
Bind("Pause", "mission.pause");
Bind("+alt X", "mission.exit");
Bind("+ctrl S", "game.save");
Bind("+ctrl O", "game.load");
Bind("+alt F", "vid.framerate");

// Escape screen
Bind("Escape", "mission.escape");

// Debug keys, remove me for release
//Bind("+alt M", "vid.render.multilayer");
//Bind("+alt L", "vid.render.lighting");
//Bind("+alt W", "vid.render.wireterrain");
//Bind("+alt T", "vid.render.terrainreduce");
//Bind("+alt V", "vid.nextmode");
//Bind("+alt K", "vid.xmm");
//Bind("+alt A", "ai.autopilot");
//Bind("+alt \", "mono.toggle");
//Bind("+alt ]", "mono.next");
//Bind("+alt [", "mono.prev");
//Bind("+alt +ctrl ]", "mono.pgdn");
//Bind("+alt +ctrl [", "mono.pgup");

//Cineractive keys
//Bind("+alt R", "script.start.record");
//Bind("+alt E", "script.stop.record");
//Bind("+alt 1", "script.start.vehicle");
//Bind("+alt 2", "script.stop.vehicle");
//Bind("+alt 3", "script.play.vehicle");
//Bind("+alt 4", "script.skip.cin");

// Playback controls
//Bind("+ctrl R", "playback.restart");
//Bind("+ctrl P", "playback.stop");

// Take Screenshot
Bind("SysRq", "iface.screenshot");
Bind("+ctrl G", "iface.screenshot");

// Activate Wireframe Mode
Bind("+alt 5", "editor.camera.wireframe=1"); //Wire 
Bind("+alt 6", "editor.camera.wireframe=2"); //Height
Bind("+alt e", "editor.camera.wireframe=3"); //Color
Bind("+alt 7", "editor.camera.wireframe=4"); //Buildable Terrain
Bind("+alt q", "editor.camera.wireframe=0"); //Default

// Single Player Cheat keys
Bind("+alt -shift h", "game.cheat bzstealth"); //Enemies Don't Attack You
Bind("+alt +shift h", "game.cheat bzunstealth"); //Stealth mode off
Bind("+alt j", "game.cheat bzbody");    //Infinite Health
Bind("+alt k", "game.cheat bztnt");     //Infinite Ammo
Bind("+alt l", "game.cheat bzradar");   //Full Radar
Bind("+alt ;", "game.cheat bzfree");    //Infinite Scrap Supply
Bind("+alt '", "game.cheat bzview");    //Free Sat View, hit Shift+F10 to activate

// Toggle EMBM.
Bind("-shift b", "bump.toggle");

// Chatline Addon

Bind(";", "network.chateditline '/chatall';network.chatline.entered");
Bind("'", "network.chateditline '/chatteam';network.chatline.entered");
// Taunts - Dog fight
Bind("+shift Numpad1", "network.chateditline 'Defend yourself!';network.chatline.entered");
Bind("+shift Numpad2", "network.chateditline 'Come back here im not finished with you yet';network.chatline.entered");
Bind("+shift Numpad3", "network.chateditline 'Go ahead and run, youll just die tired';network.chatline.entered");
// Taunts - Retaliation
Bind("+shift Numpad4", "network.chateditline 'Prepare to be obliterated!';network.chatline.entered");
Bind("+shift Numpad5", "network.chateditline 'I dont have time to be killed by you weaklings';network.chatline.entered");
Bind("+shift Numpad6", "network.chateditline 'That was too easy...';network.chatline.entered");
// Taunts - Bomber
Bind("+shift Numpad0", "network.chateditline 'Need urgent help!';network.chatline.entered");
// Taunts - Near end
Bind("+shift Numpad7", "network.chateditline 'That was fun lets do it again';network.chatline.entered");
Bind("+shift Numpad8", "network.chateditline 'You call that fighting?';network.chatline.entered");
Bind("+shift Numpad9", "network.chateditline 'I have you now!';network.chatline.entered");
// BASIC COMM
Bind("+shift Numpad.", "network.chateditline 'Affirmative!';network.chatline.entered");
Bind("+shift NumpadEnter", "network.chateditline 'Negative!';network.chatline.entered");
// General
Bind("-shift Numpad0", "network.chateditline 'Stay together! Pay attention to the position of your teammates!';network.chatline.entered");
Bind("-shift Numpad.", "network.chateditline 'RETREAT!!! Get back to base!';network.chatline.entered");
Bind("-shift Non-USNumpad.", "network.chateditline 'RETREAT!!! Get back to Base!';network.chatline.entered");
// Supplies
Bind("-shift Numpad1", "network.chateditline 'Need two pods!!';network.chatline.entered");
Bind("-shift Numpad2", "network.chateditline 'Send me a scav';network.chatline.entered");
Bind("-shift Numpad3", "network.chateditline 'Multiple incoming enemies!';network.chatline.entered");
// Offensive
Bind("-shift Numpad4", "network.chateditline 'Hit their pools!';network.chatline.entered");
Bind("-shift Numpad5", "network.chateditline 'Take out their power';network.chatline.entered");
Bind("-shift Numpad6", "network.chateditline 'Attack their base!';network.chatline.entered");
Bind("-shift NumpadEnter", "network.chateditline 'KILL IT...I have its attention';network.chatline.entered");
Bind("-shift Numpad*", "network.chateditline 'Paint the most dangerous enemy unit!';network.chatline.entered");
// Defensive
Bind("-shift Numpad7", "network.chateditline 'Get back to base!';network.chatline.entered");
Bind("-shift Numpad8", "network.chateditline 'Heads up...we have a sniper near our base';network.chatline.entered");
Bind("-shift Numpad9", "network.chateditline 'Regroup at ME!';network.chatline.entered");
Bind("-shift Numpad/", "network.chateditline '&%$#@!, INBOUND BOMBER!!!';network.chatline.entered");

// Team Colors
Bind ("+shift ,", "game.teamcolors 0"); //Off
Bind ("+shift .", "game.teamcolors 1"); //Default
Bind ("+shift /", "game.teamcolors 2"); //Team Play
Bind ("+shift Non-US/?", "game.teamcolors 2"); //Team Play

// 01182001 Release

// Server Tweaks and Connection stats
Bind("home", "game.histogram");

// 05202009 Release

// Fast Pods (not working yet)
Bind ("-shift -ctrl q", "control.base.set1;control.command.item7.trigger");

// Full team toggle - TV mod

Bind("-shift -ctrl F12", "control.team.toggle1");
Bind("-shift -ctrl F12", "control.team.toggle2");
Bind("-shift -ctrl F12", "control.team.toggle3");
Bind("-shift -ctrl F12", "control.team.toggle4");

Bind("-shift -ctrl F11", "control.team.toggle2");
Bind("-shift -ctrl F11", "control.team.toggle3");
Bind("-shift -ctrl F11", "control.team.toggle4");

// Adjust Sky Ranges -- Range 1 (Editor Only)
Bind ("+shift C", "sky.visibilityrange 350");
Bind ("+shift C", "sky.fogrange 150 350");
Bind ("+shift C", "sky.fogbreak 0.4");

// Adjust Sky Ranges -- Range 2 (Editor Only)
Bind ("+shift V", "sky.visibilityrange 500");
Bind ("+shift V", "sky.fogrange 150 500");
Bind ("+shift V", "sky.fogbreak 0.4");

// Adjust Sky Ranges -- Range 3 (Editor Only)
Bind ("+shift B", "sky.visibilityrange 750");
Bind ("+shift B", "sky.fogrange 150 750");
Bind ("+shift B", "sky.fogbreak 0.4");

Features of this include:

- Quick keys for teamchat and allchat located right next to the 'enter' key (semicolon (;) and quotation mark (')).
- Select all teammates including commander using F12 -- Select all teammates except for commander using F11
- Visibilityrange keybinds for editor mode (shift + C, V, B)
- 'Home' key toggles histogram
- Number pad to transmit preset chat messages like 'send me a scav' and 'need two pods'. Holding 'shift' while pressing a number on the number pad will transmit taunts.
- Additional keybinds for various other console commands
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel

Zero Angel

Quote from: TheJamsh on May 20, 2009, 03:34:52 PM
Cool

TimeVirus has just PM'ed me with permission to include his ZST maps. He wants them to have the "TV-mapname" prefix so they group together. Still need some Race maps and a the .dll fixed :)...
Neat -- If that's the case why dont you use the naming convention:

ST: TV: Crater
ST: TV: Devils Cauldron
ST: MP1: Blahblah
ST: MP2: Blahblahblah
ST: MP3: Blahblahblahblahblah
ST: ZA: Blahblahblahblahblah

MP refers to 'mega pack #' for the ZST mega maps which are converted to 1.3

Other map authors can use the ST: AuthorInitials: Mapname naming convention to sort their works, if the author has released a large amount of maps at once.
{bac}Zero Angel

AHadley

May I suggest using ZA's colorize.tga? Looks prettier than the stock one. Also, you may want to consider implementing parts of spAce's HyperSFX pack if he grants permission, since he doesn't normally like his things being used by other mods. You could provide a link to the TimeDisruptor thread anyway.

http://timedisruptor.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1240

TheJamsh

Nielk1's mod manager could take care of ZA's new shell. i must admit it does look pretty. E-pack users could spec what they want on or off.

Just as a quicky, the newkeys arnt going to bring back cheats are they?

Naming the ZST maps with mega pack seems like a good idea. currently they are just ST, so blend in with stock too well. wouldnt be hard to changed though.

By the way ZA, you can get the latest beta on the private board if youre interested. Ive made improvements again, but its going a bit slow with college atm. will do my best once its over to get it out quick and bug-free :P

AHadley

NewKeys has hotkeys for all the cheats, but they only work in SinglePlayer and the Editor enable / disable only works in editor mode.

Could I have a link to the new version, please? I think I might be working on something that's obsolete.

General BlackDragon

Quote from: Zero Angel on May 19, 2009, 07:04:13 PM
It should enhance the BZ2 interface without preventing anyone without the pack from playing a game with someone who has it.

Just to inform people, it's impossible to cause the interface to make bad assets aside from editing "localize.odf"

as long as you leave that one file alone, you can do whatever the hell you want to the rest of the interface and one will get bad assets :)

EDIT: bad news, ZA you need to update that colorize.tga for 1.3 pb4+. It's missing the arrows for turretcompass.

*****General BlackDragon*****