• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

TheJamsh' TA5 Enhancement Pack Preview

Started by TheJamsh, May 03, 2009, 05:38:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zero Angel

Quote from: General BlackDragon on May 21, 2009, 07:00:19 PM
EDIT: bad news, ZA you need to update that colorize.tga for 1.3 pb4+. It's missing the arrows for turretcompass.

Okay. I have the source PSD file for my colorize file around here somewhere so that will be easy to do.

EDIT: I just checked the patch13.pak for the modified colorize.tga but the only file that I can find there is colorize.dxtbz2 and colorizelg.dxtbz2 . Can anyone send me the source colorize files which were used to generate the dxtbz2, or otherwise tell me how to convert them into an image format I can work with?
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

Nielk1

get the modder data pack.

I do not know when the LG version is used personally, might be always might be sometimes.

BZ2DXTs are like MSHs, well, except someone who tweaks a DXT plugin for a new header could get at them.

Click on the image...

Zero Angel

I don't think it is always, because my colorize.tga file did style the HUD elements, even before I created a colorizeLG file. I think the LG file is just created for IN CASE someone needs to add new interface elements.

Anyways my colorize files have been updated with the new turret compass markers and are available.

colorize.tga
colorize.dxtbz2
colorizeLG.tga
colorizeLG.dxtbz2
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

AHadley

I've made progress in leaps and bounds on the Glowskins. All the ISDF building textures should be finished within ten minutes, just need DXT conversion. Still need to work on the Bomber bay, APC, Constructor, Tug, and pilot, then I can get going on the Scions. :-D

AHadley

OK, there are two of three textures that are really bothering me. I'm hoping you modelling bods can tell me what the name of the textures on each of these bits is.

1) Factory building platform

2) Service Bay main tower side, Training Centre main tower side

3) Bridge Ramp floor, Bomber Bay landing pad

I've taken a look at these in BZ2ME, got the first two, but no luck on the last one. Anybody?

Nielk1

Click on the image...

Warfreak

AHadley

It can't be, I've already got that one... you sure?

Warfreak

Opps, just checked the model, its "ibextf00.pic".  :| (this means you would be teamcoloring the baseplate)

AHadley

oh, is it? that's odd, thought i'd got that one too.

Nielk1

You know, I already did 90% of what you're doing and sent it to Jamsh already. Its... around here somewhere, but I know for sure Jamsh has it.

I want to know why the hell the textures are randomly used or not used though. 2 models using the same textures will be different when I look at them.

Click on the image...

AHadley

The ones I'm making work perfectly for me every time, so there might be some difference somewhere in the textures we have each made. I've got them in both PIC and DXTBZ2 format, might that be it?

All the same, it's good for experience :P

Nielk1

I have them in both PIC and DXT, or else how could I have it randomly choose one over the other and still work? When It was picked DXTs and I only had pics, I added the DXT only, when some others and some the same were now only using PICs I added those in as well. Now sometimes it doesn't use EITHER.

Either way, you will likely get textures I forgot to do, so when I get it all together for Jamsh (as a local MP safe addon I will be setting it up for the LMM idea) I will be sure to check over every texture.

Click on the image...

AHadley

OK, good idea.

And that issue of yours sounds quite nasty.

TheJamsh

Update:

TimeVirus gave me permission to include his maps for ZST a while back, and now they are in with one exception. The Tronic map will not be making an appearance.

Theres a few dilemas i need to solve (invisible terrain, broken sky files etc), these should be fixed over the weekend or even tonight if i get the chance.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.