• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

TheJamsh' TA5 Enhancement Pack Preview

Started by TheJamsh, May 03, 2009, 05:38:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Commando

ColorizeLG is used when you run at a resolution of 1280x1024.

Nielk1

Why no Tronic? Other ppl's assets in the map?

Click on the image...

TheJamsh

No its just being a total nightmare to convert... and i got to a certain point where i wasnt motivated to do it anymore :P

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Nielk1

I'll do it >.>, next addon pack beta thingy I;ll look into several things...

Click on the image...

TheJamsh

Cool, i got halfway there. But i started changing asset names and doing a find/replace in arachnophelia with the .bzn file (in ASCii of course).

Kept crashing after that, so gave up and worked on something else... But yeh ill send it over in next beta. I havent really done enough on it recently to warrant one of those for a while though.

Nielk1

I've given up text editing BZNs. If I do ANYTHING other than change a pilot ODF in one it AVs.

Depending on what I need I sometimes make a DLL that does all relevant things. I suspect it will be even easier to fix a simple map like that without resorting to ASCII or DLL editing.

Click on the image...

Axeminister

Played version 7 today. I love how the enemy base builds new stuff. Now that rules!
Instead of starting out with a defense a god would be proud of, they build their own. F-n-A, now that's what I'm talking about, Willis!
lol
There is no knowledge that is not power.

TheJamsh

Axeminister

I know neilk1 is working out a way to install this but I wanted to report something that you may already know, I don't know because I haven't found time to read everything you guys are doing. Here it goes.
I have made the shortcut to run the addon pack and it runs fine, everything is there. But when I click my shortcut for default TA5 all that stuff is there also and everytime someone new joins my TA5 games the first thing they say is that they can't join because of different assets. I always tell them to just join again, and that works. But there are few that give up before I can tell them anything. This thing is supposed to not change default in any way and I didn't know if you already knew this stuff.
There is no knowledge that is not power.

TheJamsh

It will be fixed for the best in the e-pack so dont worry.

Also, you SHOULDNT have to run from a shortcut, you can run BZ2 as normal still, as the installer add's lines to youre .cfg file (makes it easier for users)

Nielk1

Quote from: Axeminister on July 01, 2009, 11:00:43 AM
I know neilk1 is working out a way to install this but I wanted to report something that you may already know, I don't know because I haven't found time to read everything you guys are doing. Here it goes.
I have made the shortcut to run the addon pack and it runs fine, everything is there. But when I click my shortcut for default TA5 all that stuff is there also and everytime someone new joins my TA5 games the first thing they say is that they can't join because of different assets. I always tell them to just join again, and that works. But there are few that give up before I can tell them anything. This thing is supposed to not change default in any way and I didn't know if you already knew this stuff.

Good god do they read... Do I have to make a folder called "!TRY_JOINING_AGAIN" to make them understand?

Click on the image...

TheJamsh

lol

i notice youre running active as well Axe when in testing, run passive. (by that i mean just run BZ2 as you would without the e-apck installed), from a non-modified shortcut or w.e

Nielk1

bzone.cfg = safe
bzone_addon.cfg = not safe unless other person uses it to. This changes files that would cause BA.

Click on the image...

TheJamsh

I have just had permission from (bac)Malovence to include ALL his maps :)

I think that pretty much covers the majority of the ZST maps, so i hope we'll see even more people playing TA5 now. The e-pack now includes nearly 100 new maps :)

Nielk1

Click on the image...