• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Microsoft releases Windows 7 Release Candidate

Started by VSMIT, May 07, 2009, 12:44:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VSMIT

So Microsoft has released the Win7 RC.  The install will be good until June 2010, but as of March 2010, it will automatically shut down every 2 hours unless a retail version of Win7 is installed.

So.  First of all, your thoughts?

Second, have any of you downloaded it already?
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

Red Spot

*Something intelligent, yet funny*

AcneVulgaris

The only thing I run on windows is BZII, so I'm not much interested.

bigbadbogie

I will stick with XP for the next 50 years thankyou.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

VSMIT

Actually, 7 looks to be pretty nice.  Same basic interface as Vista, but without alot of the problems.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

AHadley

I intend to get it when I get my new PC, since it will be out by then... and since none of my current PCs except this one will run it :lol:

VSMIT

I wouldn't restrict yourself just yet.  We have no idea what the full retail version is going to have.

Red Devil

Vista was the beta for W7.  What I saw of W7 (except for the lack of dual booting in its previous beta), I liked.
What box???

xSSx Grizzly

W7 looks good, can't see any of the problems Vista has that people keep saying.