• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Done a little edit of Chill

Started by xSSx Grizzly, May 09, 2009, 07:07:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSSx Grizzly

Want to get people on here with me, but I got no where to upload it any idea's??

TheJamsh

I use mediafire. its free and has plenty of storage space.

Post some screenshots, the changes you made and the download link when you've uploaded it and we can see and try it. (zip all the map files into one .7z/.zip/.rar file), and make sure you can extract them over the root directory so that they work properly. people dont like to move things around.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Red Spot

Quote from: xSSx Grizzly on May 09, 2009, 07:07:05 AM
Want to get people on here with me, but I got no where to upload it any idea's??

As a temporary solution I dont mind uploading it for a few days. So you can get some feedback and can possibly change some things before you upload it to a slow public-server.

Iirc my email is public, if you want me to host it just send the packaged map to me. (should have 8 files in it)

ps: this is a wellknown and easy to use site for public hosting: http://www.filefront.com (there are others, but I generally like Filefront the most)
*Something intelligent, yet funny*

Red Spot

Recieved your email Griz, but your map isnt good as you supplied it.

There is no .inf for your map nor a .odf(.otf/.des)
Also the .jpg.jpg you provided needs some work as it needs to be square in shape, and I suggest you make it a bit smaller.

Use the map I uploaded yesterday as a refrence, it has all the required files together, you need a total of 8 files. (currently only 6)

xSSx Grizzly

Quote from: Red Spot on May 09, 2009, 07:36:30 AM
Recieved your email Griz, but your map isnt good as you supplied it.

There is no .inf for your map nor a .odf(.otf/.des)
Also the .jpg.jpg you provided needs some work as it needs to be square in shape, and I suggest you make it a bit smaller.

Use the map I uploaded yesterday as a refrence, it has all the required files together, you need a total of 8 files. (currently only 6)
Indeed  :-)

xSSx Grizzly

How do I get the .inf and .odf then?

Red Spot

Just copy the ones from my map. For the .odf just edit the text and rename it to your own maps name.
For the .inf you can leave it as it is but you need to rename it to your own maps name and edit the top-section:
[DESCRIPTION]
missionName = "MPI: Suicide"
mapTga = "mpisuicidexx.bmp"
mapDesc = "mpisuicidexx.odf"
mySide = 1

to
[DESCRIPTION]
missionName = "MPI: Chill at night"
mapTga = "Night_Chill.bmp"
mapDesc = "Night_Chill.odf"
mySide = 1

And remove the spaces from your mapname, not sure if it causes issues but I wouldnt be surprised if it did. (I replaced it with an underscore in the above example)

xSSx Grizzly

Got the odf in there now and the setup information thing, how do I get the map description and a picture??

Red Spot

xSSx Grizzly

Red Spot

Got it, 3 bits of advice though:
-try to pack it up using the sub-folders so people can extract it to their root-BZ2 folder, if peope extract it now to root-BZ2 they wont be able to play the map as it isnt in a folder read by the game.
-try to prevent using spaces in names, sometimes it may work but often it will not.
-You used my .inf file which is ok, however if you read the ta5 forum you'll find a topic called "svar9" .. my .inf files dont make use of that and that prevents you from being able to pick the GH or Commando B recy (Commando A is still available though)

xSSx Grizzly

Quote from: Red Spot on May 09, 2009, 09:38:57 AM
Got it, 3 bits of advice though:
-try to pack it up using the sub-folders so people can extract it to their root-BZ2 folder, if peope extract it now to root-BZ2 they wont be able to play the map as it isnt in a folder read by the game.
-try to prevent using spaces in names, sometimes it may work but often it will not.
-You used my .inf file which is ok, however if you read the ta5 forum you'll find a topic called "svar9" .. my .inf files dont make use of that and that prevents you from being able to pick the GH or Commando B recy (Commando A is still available though)
Only use commando A anyways lol, i'll do sub folders soon  :lol: By the way has your map now got a new download??

xSSx Grizzly

Also done a little edit of Dunes here : http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=1e6183c5fd8f7be65a3d773badf21430e04e75f6e8ebb871
It's the one that has D-D after it.
Now have there respective names.