• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Would there be interest in my releasing a model pack for non modeler modders?

Started by BNG Da BZ Fool, May 09, 2009, 02:20:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BNG Da BZ Fool

I Seem to be somewhat capable at making BZII models, but I know that some peeps have problems with this aspect of modding. Not to toot my own horn, but I have a ton of them laying around gathering dust just waiting for a home. Most are complete with modified ODF's and BZII compatible XSI's.

Many are X models that I made, but never converted for one reason or another. There are also some I started to make but only partially finished. Then there are the COB equivalents from TS that might be useful for TS users or new users to use in learning to make their own models, and the list goes on....

If there's any interest I might consider uploading a zipped model pack to filefront at some point in the future. Most of my models are scouts, sabres, assault tanks, rocket tanks, and air units. Some have basic texturing others have only basic material colors applied, and only have a basic Grey material color applied. A few are service trucks, turrets and miscellaneous plant and building props.

Don't really know how the community feels about this type of thing, so some feedback would be appreciated as to what I should or shouldn't release publicly. BNG. 
When I'm not in hot water with the community I'm usually making models for BZII. I've made a few models for other peeps. BNG.

AHadley

Yes, definitely! I am in serious need of models for my mod, and I am sure some of them would prove useful. :-D

BNG Da BZ Fool

Then I will eventually release a model pack probably in increments and in separate zipped categorized files, i.e., tanks, etc. The xsi's will go up first as they're basically ready for the game. Then the x files for those wishing to modify stuff, and finally the cob files for those willing to use truespace to edit the models. BNG.
When I'm not in hot water with the community I'm usually making models for BZII. I've made a few models for other peeps. BNG.

Red Spot

Would be cool BNG. I'm not really looking for new models at the moment but I still havent closed down the option of including some new units in my mod, even going as far as making it a hover and walker units only recy variant.

If there are models that really fit in with the vanilla selection of units I would be really interested in seeing what you have made. Maybe I could include a BNG-variant recy :D
*Something intelligent, yet funny*

AHadley

Just need somebody who knows their textures now, is Steeveeo too busy with SRV?

Nielk1

Click on the image...

AHadley

mrtwosheds

And really model making and texture creation need to be done at the same time if you want them to look good, fitting a new texture to a (half) completed model is far more difficult to do than UV mapping and texturing of the model as you make it.