• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Multiplayer Gamemodes

Started by AHadley, May 12, 2009, 02:27:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AHadley

If you guys could have ANY gamemode at all in BZ2, what would you have? Don't think about if it's possible or not, the DLL wizards will surely drop by and tell us. feel free to include gamemodes inspired by other games and mods.

Here is my list:

Pilot deathmatch
Working race
Duel (one player against another in Deathmatch, with other players as spectators waiting for their turn)
Three-way duel (two-on-one)
Co-operative singleplayer

GSH

What's this fascination w/ race mode? I doubt anyone had played it in years. Then, it was found to be broken in ta5, and suddenly it's a huge emergency.

-- GSH

Nielk1

Reactor Wars - Almost done...

I don't know what the fascination is.

Click on the image...

AHadley

I didn't realise it worked before, that's interesting.

I'm not sure what it is with everybody else, but I like things to work properly... I have been in a race mode before, which is when I discovered it was broken, but I'd never played it before that.

Working race would be nice, I think Red Spot is working with Jamsh and I on it.

Reactor Wars?

GSH

Race mode was added -- by myself-- to the 1.2 patch. And got promptly ignored, as far as I can tell.

-- GSH

Nielk1

Click on the image...

Steeveeo

I never got racemode working at all in any version...

Anyway, my DME (Deathmatch Enhanced) plans are going to be something like a First Person "World in Conflict" gametype.

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

technoid

I was the first guy who noticed Race mode in 1.3 was also broken back around 2003-2004 when I first joined the private beta.  Red Devil and I promptly helped fix it back to a working/playable state (with better instructions too).  I didn't know it was broken again in TA5.  If someone can mod the Race mode to use, say, racing scavengers (with guns!) or any other tracked (or wheeled) vehicles, then that might be more fun than just hovercraft.  This includes adding models of real race cars and perhaps maps of real/fictional race tracks (i.e. roads/streets), etc. 

TheJamsh

I think i might add a little fun to the race mode, scavengers with guns sounds interesting...

Other potential things to add:

Thunderbolt
Drone
Nielk1's ATV
Speeder Bike (ISDF & Scion Versions)
QF's Picaroon could be quite cool with its big bouncing beachball wheels :P
Various 'threeded' modified vehicles with boosters applied :P

If someones prepared to make ridiculous models for it, id be happy to add them. I DEFINATELY want to expand the maps a bit. Pluto isnt a brilliant race map anyway, its very DM orientated to prevent cheating.

Its a shame race mode isnt played too much. Its SOO fun. Toss some ideas around, i wanted to expand it in enhancement pack anyway...

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

TheJamsh

Oh yeh, theres a new dogfight mode in TA5 EP as well, should you not know. I have plenty more for S'Mod as well.

Im such a thread hi-jacker :P

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.