• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

2v2

Started by CivBase, May 15, 2009, 03:10:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OvermindDL1

A ten unit limit would actually be smart, would force players to make (temporary) alliances to be able to wipe out others.  I like that thought.  :)

Generated by OvermindDL1's Signature Auto-Add Script via GreaseMonkey

TheJamsh

interesting...

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Mr X

Quote from: OvermindDL1 on May 27, 2009, 11:58:38 PM
A ten unit limit would actually be smart, would force players to make (temporary) alliances to be able to wipe out others.  I like that thought.  :)

Generated by OvermindDL1's Signature Auto-Add Script via GreaseMonkey

Or build a f***load of gun spires by the enemy base :P

I've just had an awesome idea, how about a type of game where the your unit limit gradually increases throughout the game until it reaches 100
http://www.bzuniverse.com/forum/index.php/topic,10101.0.html
starting January 2010!

Zero Angel

A ten unit limit would actually be smart, would force players to make (temporary) alliances to be able to wipe out others.  I like that thought.  :)
A 10-unit limit would be neat in a certain way. If that was the case you would rely more on field tactics than simply fortifying your pools and sending out a big army. The units would have to be carefully chosen. Though i'm not a fan of FFA alliances. It is typically the case in FFA alliances where one player will get eliminated and then the two remaining players will pick on an arbitrary player, making him unable to win regardless of his skill level. Contrast this to a pre-set alliances game where a good player can cover a weaker ally by helping him out. Thus ensuring mutual survival and victory.
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

CivBase

A ten unit limit would actually be smart, would force players to make (temporary) alliances to be able to wipe out others.  I like that thought.
*scratches chin*

4v4, but with only fifteen units a piece... that'd be a sweet game.

CivBase

Dang... I forgot how long it took to make a map on bz2...

I got about one base area done after an hour of work... then I gave up.  I'll have to work on it a bit at a time...

TheJamsh

Do it the way i did

If its symetrical, import it into Overminddl1's winter utility, and export the heightmap as a PNG. Edit the PNG and copy the terrain youve created onto other parts of the map. It gets things done much faster.

Import it back into winter when done and export the .trn file. Jobs a good 'un!

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.