• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

2v2

Started by CivBase, May 15, 2009, 03:10:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CivBase

How hard would it be to take a four player map, or a bigger two player map, and somehow make it a two verse two?  Is it possible?  I'm talking two bases against two bases, not just a pilot and a commander on each team.

I really think this is needed...

How hard would it be to create an alliance system?  If it's not that hard... would anyone be interested?  I'd do it myself, but I can't mod.

Or maybe there's already some maps out there that are 2v2?

xSSx Grizzly

This is in 1.3ta 5 and 1.3pb4 already isn't it, you just go on extra option and make it 1+2 vs 3+4 or vice versa.

CivBase

Really?  I never noticed that...

General BlackDragon

yeah. Alliance in FFA :D

*****General BlackDragon*****

xSSx Grizzly

Quote from: CivBase on May 15, 2009, 03:33:21 PM
Really?  I never noticed that...
Yup go on a 4 commander map, click extra options, go to page 2, there you can chage recycler variants etc and under that you can choose what teams you have  :-)

TheJamsh

anyone managed to get more than 4 players in an FFA game?

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Steeveeo

The alliance code has been in since the PB3 days, or earlier, but I never tried pb2 or pb1.

@TJ: I heard talk of 8-way FFA, but I also heard issues with the alliance code. TO do it it may need some tweaking to the code and shell.

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

TheJamsh

Ah thats a shame, wanted to get massive alliances and twin bases on the go...

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

squirrelof09

Quote from: Steeveeo on May 16, 2009, 12:39:34 PM
The alliance code has been in since the PB3 days, or earlier, but I never tried pb2 or pb1.

@TJ: I heard talk of 8-way FFA, but I also heard issues with the alliance code. TO do it it may need some tweaking to the code and shell.

I believe it was around in pb1 :P
fight till death our forums -> http://www.forums.bzfiend.com/index.php?

Machine

It's much fun. It existed already in pb1.

It would be more interesting if commanders could have human player pilots too. 2 cmds + 2 h. pilots vs 2 cmds + 2 h.pilots. Too bad that the game can't still handle more than 7 or 8 players. 9th gets quicked instantly.

It would be easier to setup allied ST games if lobby would show teams.

King Gladiator

Quote from: TheJamsh on May 16, 2009, 04:17:27 AM
Yeah i got more than 4 players in a game although it wasnt ffa it was a 2v2 map i think the river with chessepuffly and a couple other people anyway a fifth person joined and his recycler, scout, and three turrets spawned right inside my base and started tearing it up
The only thing that is necessary for evil to succeed is that men of good will do nothing.
-Edmund Burke

Mr X

Quote from: TheJamsh on May 16, 2009, 04:17:27 AM

Thanks to a mistake by the host I actually discovered that this can be done on ta5 on the maps we already have (the ones designed for 4 players)

The only problem (and this is quite a big one) is that some of the spawn points will have two players landing on them and promptly having to engage each other for control. :P It gives the players who have a base completely to themselves from the start a rather large advantage.
http://www.bzuniverse.com/forum/index.php/topic,10101.0.html
starting January 2010!

CivBase

I think an 8-way FFA would be epic ^^

I might just get off my lazy butt and make that a map for that...

Maybe even 16 players :P (jk)

Mr X

Quote from: CivBase on May 27, 2009, 08:17:23 AM
Maybe even 16 players :P (jk)

I can just imagine the epic slowness caused by the sheer amount of units. :P
http://www.bzuniverse.com/forum/index.php/topic,10101.0.html
starting January 2010!

CivBase

It'd have to be a ten-unit limit at most lol