• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

List of things that I want to see in a mod

Started by CivBase, May 19, 2009, 09:27:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CivBase

I can't mod, but I can give some ideas.  Some are already used in mods, and some are better than others, but they can't all be keepers.

New Units:
--Dropship Transport - This could be much like the IDSF dropships seen in the game... but turned into a mobile unit.
--Infantry Squad - This would be a simple squad of five or six infantry, each equipped with rocket launchers.
--Jump-pack Infantry Squad - This is much like the regular Infantry Squad, but has boosters that can be used to get from place to place with more speed.
--Recycler - It's simply a recycler that can be built and moved to a different location for a forward base.
--Combat Constructor - Many of you are probably thinking of the second constructor in the GH mod.  Well, this is not what I have in mind.  The Combat Constructor would be a hover vehicle and much faster than the original.  It would only be able upgrade and construct things like Relay Bunkers, Forward Service Bays, Gun Towers, Rocket Towers, and what ever other defensive structures are available.  It could also build buildings for scrap pools (bellow).  Structures would also have a slight mark-up in price when built with this.
--Mine Layer - The mine layer would be able to roam around and plant mines, but would also be very weak, very expensive, and could only lay a maximum of ten mines at once.
--Vampire - The vampire would be a Scion unit equipped with a weapon that looks much like the "healing beam", but instead of healing the enemy, heals whoever is firing while draining the other unit's health.

New Weapons:
--Repair Beam - This would just be the weapon used by Service Trucks, but available for other units as a special.
--Tracer Round - This would be an infantry weapon that fires into a ship (has to be in the cockpit), but instead of injuring the enemy, it plants a tracer that reveals the enemy base and units on radar and in the relay bunker.
--EMP - This weapon temporarily disables a ship's weapons and thrusters.  It can't move or shoot.  However, it subtracts 50% ammo.
--Virus - This is an infantry weapon.  The only way to activate it is to get within a few feet of the enemy vehicle, but once used, slowly drains the enemy's health until the unit is destroyed.
--Jumper - No, not thumper.  The jumper is a booster for vehicles, much like the booster for infantry, but does not go as high and can be used multiple times.

New Structures:
--Rocket Tower - This is just like in the GH mod.
--Wall - Already there, just not able to be built.
--Forward Service Bay - This is a miniature service bay, like in the GH mod, but can be built anywhere and repairs and resupplies (but much slower than the big service bay).
--Advanced Power Generator - Just like in the GH mod.
--Scout Factory - This is a miniature factory that can be built anywhere, but only builds weaker units (Thunderbolt, Avenger, Jackal, ect).
--EMP Tower - This is a gun tower that is equipped with the EMP weapon from earlier.  It cannot fire at air units.
--Shield - This adds a small, rechargable shield over all buildings.  It could either be an upgrade for all buildings, or a building that only works for a certain range.

Scrap Pool Structures:
--Landing Pad - This structure drops off Sabre tanks (or Warriors) every ten minutes.  An upgrade can be purchased for 120 that doubles it's production speed.  It doesn't necessarily have to be a landing pad, though, as it wouldn't make much sense to put that on a scrap pool.
--Scrap Drill - This structure bring scrap metal up from the ground at twice the speed of an upgrade extractor, but does not collect it.  The only way to collect it is to use scavengers.  It is also very expensive.
--Regenerator - This structure heals and supplies units and structures on the controlled team, but at an extremely slow rate.
--Armored Extractor - This is an upgrade for the advanced extractor.  It pulls up scrap at the same rate, but has a weak gun tower on top to protect it.

To Be Continued...

mrtwosheds

Quote--Mine Layer (lays perminant mines)
Bad idea. Imagine a map filled with mines...

General BlackDragon

New Units:
--Dropship Transport (flying) - DLL possible
--Infantry Squad (with rockets) - I've done it.
--Jump-pack Infantry Squad (with rockets) - I've done it?
--Recycler - We already have those?
--Combat Constructor (fast, but can only build things for outposts, like gun towers, relay bunkers, and a forward service bay) - Ive done it.
--Mine Layer (lays perminant mines) - Ive done it. But my mines only last like 10 mins.
--

New Weapons:
--Repair Beam-thing - Umm, Flash cannon anyone?
--Tracer Round (view things on radar and relay bunker, only one works at a time) - Taggun anyone?
--Freeze Ray (temporarily freezes) - I've done it.
--

New Structures:
--Rocket Tower - They have this. GH Recy Varient
--Wall - This too. GH varient.
--Forward Service Bay (smaller and slower than orriginal service bay) - I've done it, deployable/undeployable vehicle that turns into service bay.
--Advanced Power Generator - What? We have those. GH recy varient.
--

*****General BlackDragon*****

Steeveeo

Quote from: CivBase on May 19, 2009, 09:27:20 AM
--Jump-pack Infantry Squad (with rockets)
--Mine Layer (lays perminant mines)
--Rocket Tower
SRV :P

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

General BlackDragon

then SRV has a bug that can bring any PC down to it's knees. :D

Steeveeo

Yeah, I have lights in most of my explosions, but thats not the topic at hand :P

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

TheJamsh

A lot of tis is very simple or its been done. GH variant has a lot of it.

TJRV as a minelayer with two weapons, one is an unlimited-lifespan proximity mine with upped damage, and the other is a 'tank trap' weapon (NOT MITS MINE) that catches and hold tanks, and damages them if they try to escape.

Could always add a freeze ray weapon to the scions, more suiting to them i would think, but they already have EMP lockdown.

All towers are in there, which are upgradeable (at a price) and include a new rocket tower. Utility constructor is also 10 scrap cheaper, but same speed. advanced Pgen is in, and i have something FAR better than a forward service bay :)

The heavier ships have pilots that carry rockets rather than rifles, so you get a little more punch. really bad ships carry shotguns.

The flying transport has kind of been done, i used a modified XSI and ODF to make it a tug class and fly really high. Unfortunately it didn't tug very reliably, still figuring that one out. probably not going in though.

The repair beam is possible. Just fires regularly with ordnance that does negative damage. when AI use it however they will just go around healing their enemies, so it wont work like that.

Tracer round isnt possible unless you have .dll. I see what you mean though. if its any help, the scion overseer array turns into a commandable comm tower from the base panel, so with scions, you get sat uplink wherever you want it.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

AHadley

Dropship: Check, drops tanks wherever you tell it to just like an APC.
Infantry: Check, variants with all plausible combinations of weapons.
Recycler: Check, pilotable but not deployable.
Combat Cons: Good idea, I might nick that.

Repair Beam: No, but I might make repair mines. In the literal sense.
Tracer round: That was DLL-based, Targeting is the new substitute :P
Freeze Ray: No, but I'm going to use the Subversion ray if I can get permission :evil:

Rocket Tower: No, but it exists in the PAKs and would be easy to include.
Wall: No, I don't like the idea of building walls very much.
Service Depot: Yes. Need some way to make it buildable at outposts.
Advanced Power: Yes, from G66 if I can get it.

General BlackDragon

I made not really a freeze ray, but a Time dialation field, wich held things and weaponfire in place, so they appeared to freeze in place within a spherical boundry.

gotta love the ancients :)

Axeminister

Talking about the repair beam always makes me wish the service trucks could beam an un-repair beam. Sometimes enemy will take out my pool along with turrets, towers and relay bunker. Then lastly the service truck. Would be nice if he could shoot this beam once he's left alone, or you could tell it to , instead of repair me, un-repair enemy constructor.
There is no knowledge that is not power.

General BlackDragon

technoid

Yeh, those kind of service trucks have Transylvanian technology built in.

King Gladiator

or how about the ability to hop onto a friendly vehicle? instead of blowing up and just suiciding in the enemy base you could have a buddy let you hitch a ride back to base?

and also up the emp lockdown time it works for about 2 seconds then you are up and running again i would like some time to get away from the walker what is killing me shoot him and have a little time to get away before he is chewing into your back again
The only thing that is necessary for evil to succeed is that men of good will do nothing.
-Edmund Burke

General BlackDragon

actually the emp lockdown effect time is like 0.1 seconds. If you're not physically shooting the enemy, it can fire its guns.

mrtwosheds

QuoteCombat Cons: Good idea, I might nick that.
Got to be careful here a fast constructor could seriously unbalance things.
I know how to make a special that heals you, can't tell you though or the emperor will do nasty things to me with a sink plunger again...