• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Small feature request: /nav chat command

Started by Zero Angel, May 21, 2009, 05:51:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zero Angel

I was wondering if GSH could include a small new feature in BZ2, and that is to give the player the ability to change the name of new nav points simply by typing in '/nav Northern front line' -- which will give future nav beacons the default name of 'northern front line' or whatever was typed in after /nav. It doesnt seem like it would be difficult to implement, and it would be quite useful for being able to tell what a nav points to simply by reading it.
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

General BlackDragon

Yeah, thugs can't name navs on the field and commander can only do it in comm bunker.  :|

*****General BlackDragon*****

Zero Angel

Well, thugs can change their nav names by opening the console and typing the command:
control.satellite.name "My Nav Name"

But it's cumbersome. The BZERC addon for 1.2 allowed you to do that through the UI, but you had to hit, ESC, then click on BZERC -> Client -> Nav Name, and type in the nav name.
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

General BlackDragon

i could make a keyshortcut bring up the ui instead :-/

awsome.

*****General BlackDragon*****

Nielk1

The chatline command idea sounds wonderful really.

Click on the image...

Steeveeo

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

AHadley

xSSx Grizzly

mrtwosheds

I never knew you could name a nav. Can't see me ever getting the time to do it in a strat and nobody ever listens to a thing I say in mpi... :-D

Commando

control.satellite doesn't work in multiworld as far as I am aware.  I use the following which is the multiworld variant.

network.session.csvar1 "Enter Nav Name Here"