• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Anyone else having problems with FF 3.0.10?

Started by Zero Angel, May 23, 2009, 06:50:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zero Angel

I downloaded the latest firefox update a few days ago and have been having major problems with it:

- Huge memory leak, FF steadily increases memory usage from anywhere to 1MB/4sec to 4MB/1sec -- my FF is currently using 1,205 MB.
- Choppiness -- once FF hits 1GB of memory usage, things start to get really choppy. Including text typing, which means I can type a whole sentence and then everything will appear on the screen at once. CPU consumption of firefox is a constant ~40% or higher depending on how much memory it's consuming.
- Frequent crashes. FF crashes on average once per 30 minutes.

It is THE most unstable version of FF I have ever used. In fact it has crashed more times in the past 5 days than all the other FF versions combined.

Anyone else having a similar problem or is it just me?
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

GSH

Tried disabling any/all extensions?

-- GSH

Zero Angel

Couple of complicating factors.

- I use AVAST antivirus, Ad-Aware, and Winpatrol as my security programs. All of them are very good and never cause problems otherwise.
- I use Songbird as my media player which uses the mozilla engine to display web content.

My FF plugins are:
Google Update
Google Updater
IE Tab Plug-In
Java(TM) Platform SE 6 U10
Java(TM) Platform SE 6 U11
Java(TM) Platform SE 6 U11
Microsoft(R) DRM
Microsoft(R) DRM
Mozilla Default Plug-in
Picasa
Quicktime Plug-In 7.5.5
Shockwave Flash
Silverlight Plug-In
Windows Genuine Advantage
Windows Media Player Plug-In

I'm just wondering in any of these might be to blame for the problems.
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel

Zero Angel

Quote from: GSH on May 23, 2009, 06:57:29 PM
Tried disabling any/all extensions?

-- GSH
A 'stock' answer but still useful. I've only tried disabling the ones I can otherwise live without. But I'll try running it in safe-mode and see what happens.
{bac}Zero Angel

Red Devil

What box???

OvermindDL1

I am running 3.5Pre, but I have about 80 extensions (including many that are forced to run using the nightly tester tool since they are not made for this version), and it flies, no speed issues here, even with about 800 tabs across 4 windows (as I have right now).  If I tell it to close it takes about 2 minutes as it reclaims memory and closes resources (I can watch the memory and handle count countdown as it does so), but perfect otherwise.

Generated by OvermindDL1's Signature Auto-Add Script via GreaseMonkey

Zero Angel

Safe mode does the trick. The memory doesnt climb unless it has to. And surprisingly I don't miss my addons as much as I thought I would.

So therefore it's an addon, plugin or config change causing the problem. Guess i'll solve this one on my own.
{bac}Zero Angel

technoid

I've experienced FF memory leak, or whatever raising memory useage little by little, in pre-3.0.10 versions (maybe going back to FF2), but 3.0.10 seems stable to me, since the day I upgraded it a month ago when this rev was released.  The sucker was climbing and climbing, you could see it happening in Task Manager.  I haven't read the FF changelogs in awhile, so don't know if they fixed it when and where.  And I don't know what addons I had back then, but I only use 5 at the moment (the latest Adblock+, Flashblock, Noscript, and Skype ph# feature.). This is on XP/Home.

Power Board

I'm glad i'm not the only one with this problem.
Yes, I have these problem, and its really annoying.

EDIT:
I'm just about ready to give up on firefox. Now Yahoo Mail isn't loading properly.

Nielk1

For me, before FF3, it ALWAYS did that and made FF unusable.

Click on the image...