• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Machines, Anarchy and Destruction Open Beta patch 0.21

Started by BS-er, May 25, 2009, 12:08:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BS-er

A patch has been put together for the MAD 0.1 and 0.2 beta versions: http://www.orderlymayhem.com/downloads/mad_beta_0.21_patch.zip

This patch must be extracted to the MAD game folder that contains folders mad_win, media and mad_config.

Changes:

* Pressing R toggles mini-map mode.
* Pressing Ctrl and R invokes maxi-map command mode.
* Press R to exit maxi-map command mode.
* While in maxi-map mode, click, hold and drag to pan around.
* While in maxi-map mode, use the mouse wheel (or - and =) to zoom out and in.
* While in maxi-map mode, Press Ctrl and R to restore the default view.
* Editor has UNDO and REDO.  Press Ctrl Z to UNDO, and Ctrl Y to REDO.
* Terrain has fine detail texturing (optional).

Many more changes and advancements have been made to MAD, but won't be readily noticeable in the beta demo.

If you don't have either beta and you'd like to download it, grab the 0.2 beta at:
http://www.orderlymayhem.com/downloads/mad_beta0.2.exe, and then patch that installation.

The patch doesn't include the higher-res textures of the 0.2 beta.  If you have the 0.1 beta and you feel you need the higher-res textures, you would need to download the 0.2 beta.

Enjoy!

BS-er

There was a small problem with the patch, which disrupted the Might As Well Jump mission.  If you grabbed the patch after this post, or that mission doesn't crash, you should be fine.  Otherwise you should grab the patch again and re-apply.

BS-er

Bah that's what I get when I'm rushed.  One more small fix.  The patch has been updated to fix a few more small glitches (size=6,434,972 bytes).  This one should be correct!

Red Devil

What box???

Red Devil

I clicked on Apply in the OGL graphics options and my rig rebooted twice, but that's happened in other games, too, when I've done that.
What box???

Red Devil

I installed the vs2005 redist at the prompt and was able to use DX, but i already have the vs2008 redist installed for BZ2, so i'm not sure why it didn't recognize that.
What box???

bigbadbogie

Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

technoid

Hey bob, what is the pc operating system requirements? 

TheJamsh

XP or above i think. not much point developing for older systems now.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Red Devil

The vehicle control system doesn't feel intuitive for me.  Maybe it's just a bias from BZ2, but pressing the C, A, and D keys confuse me.

I like the graphics and the sounds, but a big turbo dragster engine sound would be cool.  Wheelies, too.  :-)

Shouldn't crates be picked up automatically instead of having to press the C key?

The default of the 2 key for Boost is a little awkward.  E or 4 feels better.

Maxi-map is nice.

Good job.  :-)
What box???

TheJamsh

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Purplehaze

Hey you, Yeah you, In that window, hop outta there.

wasd

OvermindDL1

Because there have been other games with the M.A.D. initials, as well as it is a common word.  Maybe better to google for the full name?

Generated by OvermindDL1's Signature Auto-Add Script via GreaseMonkey

Purplehaze

ah...
EDIT: Eh, I can see that you have a topic to a patch, but i can find no download that i can install so i can make use of this patch..

Argh, I made a fool of myself, I have to signup/request to be a tester, how silly.

Wow, Im even more of an idiot, I just noticed in the post a link to download the open beta

I am friggn stupid..

Somebody mark my first fail, Chalk on the board, please.
Hey you, Yeah you, In that window, hop outta there.

wasd

AHadley