• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

CD-Rom Issue..

Started by Dark Scion Soldier, May 26, 2009, 11:05:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Scion Soldier

I had just installed Halo on my other computer and thought:

"Hey why not put it on a computer that can actually handle it's graphics!"

Only problem was none of the game folders would load and at some point I'd get the horrid BSOD... So my question is this.. can a CD-ROM fail?
Aquatic: *on hold* 52% done overall.

VSMIT

I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

Dark Scion Soldier

Ok will do.

System: Microsoft XP Pro, Vers: 2002, Service Pack 3

Specs: AMD Athlon(tm) XP 3200+
2.19 Ghz 1.00 GB of RAM

CD-ROM: Memorex DVD+/-RW Dual-X1

Anything else?

Wraith

Simply yes a cd can fail. Try looking up LCISO and getting the image of the disc and make a backup if possible.
Trend Micro HijackThis 2.0.2

Post a log in Overdrive Terminal if you have a malware/virus problem

Dark Scion Soldier

Hmm no dice on the LCISO. I get a "Data Error: (cyclic redundancy check)...

VSMIT

By more info I meant, "Exactly what were you doing (to the letter if possible) when you BSoD'd, and what was the error?"
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

Dark Scion Soldier

I was installing Halo,when it said "Installing game folders.." I get a error saying "SHfolder.exe failed" Im now thinking a scratch may be to blame.  And the BSOD always happens when hardware,drivers, or devices fail.. That's why I was asking if a ROM can fail.

VSMIT

Yes, but there is information on the BSoD that explains what the error was.  That helps immensely.

Dark Scion Soldier

I would have given more info if the BSOD had stayed longer then 2 seconds..eh I can wait till my bro returns from Guard..

VSMIT

1. Right-click on Computer, select Properties.

2. Click Advanced System Settings.

3. On the Advanced tab, under "Startup and Recovery", click "settings".

3. Under "System Failure", uncheck the box next to "automatic restart".

Then the BSoD should stay up until you manually restart the PC.

Dark Scion Soldier

Hmm doesn't specify what device or hardware did it but here's the log:

0x0000008E, OxF750AF67, 0xac4ca900, 0x00000000000

Sysplant.sys

Address: F750AF67 at F7507000

Can you make heads or tails out of that gibberish?

VSMIT

Dark Scion Soldier

Hah I should of guessed,  :lol:  we were having problems with our antivirus, didn't think it used a driver though.. Anyway much thanks VSMIT. :-D