• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Pointing out flaws /// suggestions

Started by cataclisto, June 10, 2009, 03:58:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cataclisto

(some of these might have been mentioned before but i like to post stuff all at once and dont like browsing)

well the first thing i decided to check in 1.3 was the cubes map... some of the units on it are still the strategy units... they leave scrap where as normal dm units don't leave scrap. not sure if there's a difference anymore, just pointing it out.

I used a scion gunship earlier today, it couldn't go over a hill no matter how high i was above it. (like the small hills on titan for a example with pods on, that size)

And when you press escape in game the score gets a black background... is there a way to change it back without leaving the game for it to be clear?

and in the tunnel map underworld or whatever its called the game crashed on me when i drove into a room that was already destroyed earlier... not sure what happened if it was a bug or not

And my suggestion's are...
in game options, (changing password in game, add/remove bots, on/off button for the score chart)

Commando

If you hit Ctrl + Enter twice, that should fix the black background bug with the scores window.  Hitting ctrl + enter will hide the window then hitting it again will bring it back up with its original clear background.

Axeminister

I have noticed that no matter how many times I try to set it as clear (not visible) it always somehow reappears down the road.
There is no knowledge that is not power.

Commando

It will occur if you hit the esc key or if you enter the recycler/factory panel.

kmiller1610

Being old and slow and looking for a playable upgrade to 1.2, I have been comparing 1.3 and the tech alpha release and frankly the difficulty adjustments don't go down far enough with techalpha.

The idea that it's fun to make the game easier by giving yourself 20 extra ships to manage is clearly like throwing a bone to an old dog.

And while I am hugely grateful that anyone is still working on this great game, I just wanted to say a word for the twitch deficient over 50 crowd.

Hey, I was playing the original battlezone when a lot of you were in diapers! :-D

Axeminister

Try using the Greenheart variant in TA5. There are new ships and towers/spires to help you with this. Also if you play against the ISDF, you must have your teamates be on Bomber Alert because they come with it in like 9 minutes. They can't be out roaming for pools, but instead,  defending the current pools. When you start with the Greenheart variant you have access to the Heavy Sabre II on the startup list, you'll need it to clear defenses when you make your pool rush in the beginning.
There is no knowledge that is not power.