• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

PB4

Started by CivBase, June 15, 2009, 03:59:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CivBase

PB4
Yah... you're supposed to patch this to pb4, right?  Well, when you guys released ta5, you got rid of all of the pb4 links, so you can't update the original any more.  Can someone please provide a pb4 link?  Thanks.

mrtwosheds

Ta5 can patch the original CD version, you don't need pb4.

CivBase

Hmm...

Didn't work when I first tried it when it came out.  Oh well, found a link anyways:

http://www.valler.com/bz2/files/BZ2_v13PublicBeta4a_english.exe

ScarleTomato

if it said something like 'the install didn't work reinstall and repatch' You probably need to uninstall, then actually delete the battlezone folder, then reinstall and patch to ta5

its actually preferred that you install ta5 on an unpatched version

General BlackDragon

The patches say to patch over a FRESH BZ2 install. Meaning unpatched.

*****General BlackDragon*****

Zero Angel

Though that's only the recommendation. It works to patch over even the all-in-one. Still its best to patch it over a fresh install.
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

AHadley

Each patch contains the fixes of all those before it, which is why the file size keeps getting bigger.

General BlackDragon

ZA, whats the data.pak filesize of the "allin one"?

Zero Angel

Exactly the same as the data.pak from a fresh BZ2 install (I compared the filesize of both down to the last byte)
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel

General BlackDragon

There is some all in one with a pak of like 500 something mb, and causes bad assets when used with 1.3

Zero Angel

That would be BZ2Gold you're referring to. Its less popular than the all-in-one.
{bac}Zero Angel

General BlackDragon

it needs to be destroyed in a firey pit of hell for breaking the biggest rule of modding.

cheesepuffly

Quote from: General BlackDragon on June 18, 2009, 10:39:47 AM
it needs to be destroyed in a firey pit of hell for breaking the biggest rule of modding.

What is it, charging for a mod? Not giving credit for something?
I liek chz

Chaka-Chaka-Pata-Pon!

Warfreak

Its basically a 1.2 MegaPack in which all of the addons were embedded into the data.pak itself.

If i remember correctly it wasn't exactly free of charge to obtain.

cheesepuffly

Eeeeeegh.... That doesnt sound good.
I liek chz

Chaka-Chaka-Pata-Pon!