• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Enough aliens already...

Started by General_Hoohah, June 16, 2009, 08:26:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VSMIT

I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

General_Hoohah

When I fight an enemy, I want them to be 110% evil.
And remember, any problem caused by a tank can be solved by a tank.

mrtwosheds

QuoteTo be honest, if someone does make a mod with aliens. I want them to be a horrible dispicable, horrifying enemy, responsible for wiping out other alien races just for fun. An alien race made up of murderers and theives with no honor, who torture their victims, rip their bodies apart, and decorate their tanks with the blood, bodies, and skulls of your own men. Maybe even include how distraught your own men are after seeing an enemy tank driving around with one of your men chained to it, screaming.

NOW THAT'S AN ENEMY.
Humans are an inferior species and must be exterminated! But there is no way Daleks are going to soil their perfect form with degenerate human tissue! Mass Murder, torture, and gratuitous experimentation yes, but not decoration.

TheJamsh

lmao... shame we won't get to play with the Daleks for ages...

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Vid

I seem to remember HC pilots in FE seriously harassing my bases after they ejected out of their newly destroyed ships.  They kept using that jetpack and avoiding fire as best as possible.  It would take them a good 15 seconds to come back down; time I'd rather be building or doing other things than having to come back and look for them.  Then as soon as they get low enough, they fire 1 or 2 rockets, and its jetpack time again.  I even had one destroy my bomber in my bomber bay on one map.

Nielk1

Quote from: General_Hoohah on June 16, 2009, 12:52:17 PM
TheJamsh, I sent you a PM. :D

I think I can help you. I thought you wanted me to design the typical alien ship that looks all modern and wierd. I'm not good at that kinda thing. I can help you with what you want, especially if you want some new ISDF ships. :D

ISDF ships I bet you can help with. The aliens are rather unique in their design. Only with Jamsh's permission will I show you one un-textured structure I have done for them so far. VERY unorthodox.

Click on the image...

TheJamsh

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

bigbadbogie

QF Mod is about a group of human criminals who fight the EDF...
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Clavin12

i think humans are the most evil thing your going to run into. A race itself will not be evil only idividuals or companys in the race. I don't think a race can be ENTIRELY evil but can be mostly good or mostly evil with exceptions. In most mods the player is not fighting against an entire race but a specific group, cult, or company in that race.
C l a v i n 1 2

But are they truly EVIL?  I think not...  :)

What he's talking about are REAVERS, from Firefly.  Chain their victims (the ones they don't eat) to their ships and let the heat of reentry char the remaining flesh from their bones.  Terrifying, to face humans who are no longer human... and want to EAT you...

Daleks are also truly evil in a cold, reptilian way.  I find them fascinating, in their little wheelchairs-turned-tanks...  :)  They kill too cleanly, though, with their disintegration rays.  They should want to EAT you mammals...  

There is nothing new under the sun, as American TV demonstrates with each 'new' season of drek...  Even the Stargate Replicators or John Conner's Terminator enemies are simply Saberhagen's Berserkers in a smaller, more easily killed form.  Read the Berserker series by Fred Saberhagen for a truly scary enemy...  if even one ship gets away a whole fleet will return to coldly wipe out any trace of biological life.

I thought the Bugs in Starship Troopers were a great enemy also, although they weren't given the respect such an enemy deserves by the humans in that movie.  Good starships, though, if no survival instinct and even less respect for life.   Such an enemy would give us a run for our money, especially with a central intelligence guiding them.  Imagine being dropped into a giant anthill with an M16, and eventually realizing that even 1 bullet for each giant Ant will leave thousands of them alive to rip you apart...  and EAT you.

Alien is another good enemy, especially once they establish that they gain genetic traits of the host they plant their eggs in.  Acid blood, chitinous armor, decent intelligence, and able to leave eggs lying around for who knows how many millennia...   and the scariest thing is they WANT you but they don't want to EAT you...  just lay eggs in you.  brrrr...

Toni Chafin and I kicked around another sequel to BZ1 back in the day, that would have focused on bringing other countries into the biometal wars.  You know, the Germans, Japanese, British, that sort of thing.  The trick was to 'define' the race by their war machines.  The Japanese would have all giant Walkers, the British would have any number of Treaded Tanks, Howitzers, and Transports (this was before BZ2 brought treads into the mix so it seemed cool at the time, very WW2), and the Germans would have all 'uber' units that dwarfed everyone else but had rivets...  lol...

I think, in the end, that using aliens as your new race is a way of being creative, and presenting something that no human would be caught dead using or could have even thought up.  It lets you do things that break the mold, since in the end every human race (even Scions) have pretty much the same thing as all the others.  This is good for those that play only MP as it evens the playing field, but it's bad for those of us that crave the sci-fi SP side of things and want variety.  Nothing beats cool alien tech for that...  

-Av-

General_Hoohah

Great post Avatar. You know exactly what I'm talking about. I want to see a ruthless enemy with skulls decorating their bloody tanks, as if the legeons of hell are being let loose on you. And if you die, the death screen that loads should have one of them pulling your head off on top of a pile of bodies. I want their forces to nearly wipe us out, only to be saved by a convenient plot twist! LOL

I have a GREAT idea for a story if someone is interested.... and it actually works perfectly for BZ. I've watched a lot of sci-fi, played 20 years of games, I'm very creative and artistic, and was nearly an english major. I can write well, and I have a lot of good ideas. Its a shame no one listens to them. But I don't want to just blurt them out either so people don't steal them.

Warfreak

Write up a danged "novel"... that way any mods that use your ideas HAVE to say "Based off the works of General_Hoohah"  :-D

Nielk1

Took me a long time to design even an alternate timeline story that fit into the pseudo-canon we now know and love.

Click on the image...

VSMIT

I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

General_Hoohah

Okay, what the hell. I just posted a story idea. If you like it let me know in that thread. :D