• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Playing By My Self

Started by General_Hoohah, June 17, 2009, 11:02:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General_Hoohah

Teamwork in this game has REALLY declined. Every time I start a game, the first thing people do is go and screw around with the towers... eventually loose their ship after releasing wasps all over my base, then expect me to replace their ship when they never helped me establish a base. The rest of the game goes like that. Everyone is out on the map messing around, hunting, looking for towers... meanwhile I'm on my own fighting a loosing battle against hundreds of units that slowly poor into my pools. I've quit the last 3 games I've played cause I was on my own.

DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO PLAY THIS GAME ANYMORE???

I sware, the teamwork in every game I've played is complete garbage. No one asks for units to take and hold pools, no one communicates, and no one does any work to really contribute to the good of the base.
Who else is sick of this?

Back before I dissapeared... it wasn't this bad. Most players have no idea what they're doing and are loosing their ship every 10 minutes, and play with no experience or common sense. Like for existance, a player who thinks they can just sit in front of an enemy walker in a sabre and fire at it until it dies.... uh uh, not gonna happen dumb ass. And I'm not replacing that tank. Go f#@$ your self. Then there are people who only join games to attack those defender towers. And thats all they do throughout the whole game, completly unaware that this is a team effort stratagy game... not a hunt the tower and rejoin over and over every time you die game... Where do these people come from? Is there a stupid farm somewhere breeding these idiots?
And remember, any problem caused by a tank can be solved by a tank.

bigbadbogie

Quote from: General_Hoohah on June 17, 2009, 11:02:04 PM
Is there a stupid farm somewhere breeding these idiots?

Yeah... I know the place. It starts with a U, ends with an A and has a bit of an S in the middle somewhere... oh no, did I type that out loud??  :-o
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Nielk1

They are all from Australia...

J/K

Dropzone is not the best map to play with random ppl, they are... stupid as hell.
You order them to stay in the first 3 circles and what do they do? Bring 100 ambush drones to your base.
I normally play with friends or annoyingly explain what they are to do pre-game start if I play GH Dropzone.

Click on the image...

bigbadbogie

Quote from: Nielk1 on June 18, 2009, 12:42:36 AM
They are all from Australia...

Probably... all our politicians.

<-- (And the chick to the left)

My BZ2 mods:

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

Nielk1

Quote from: bigbadbogie on June 18, 2009, 12:44:58 AM
<-- (And the chick to the left)

Who still scares me hootless...

When I think of the Cave Story in OT and what is behind the hole I think of that...

shudder

don't know why

Click on the image...

TheJamsh

I think everybody knows theres a lack of strategy in the players these days. Most 1.3 players are new and didnt experience the harsh conditions of playing 1.2 so they kind of screw around with it a bit.

You can always kick players. when they rejoin tell them to either pay attention to you or recieve a ban. Thats what i do. A lot of them dont re-join, but if they do, they either say 'ok' or they go on a rant. At which point i just press 'O', let them have their whine, and kick them again before they start destroying my base.

People dont like to be told how to play a game, everyone likes to find their own way of doing it. Lone wolves however are NOT the way to play this game. I keep trying to think of ways to prevent the 'rejoining for ship' problem. Maybe have a 15 minute time period where a player cannot rejoin a game he just quit from.

.dll could probably do that if it could track and store the IP address somehow. I wonder...

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

bigbadbogie

Just ban anyone who annoys you.

For me... that is pretty much anyone who joins.

I leave games up just so I can add anyone who joins to my banlist. (J/K)

My BZ2 mods:

Steeveeo

/kick <player> "Play as part of the team or not at all"

I don't remember if the kick reason still shows up or not, been a while...

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

kmiller1610

This is why I stick to LAN Parties.

TheJamsh

Can always play with me bud.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

General_Hoohah

You know.... I bet there's a forum somewhere, where experienced players are looking for a game like this. We need to advertise...
And remember, any problem caused by a tank can be solved by a tank.

cheesepuffly

Yeah but the would have to get a pirated copy of the game.

Or buy one used.
I liek chz

Chaka-Chaka-Pata-Pon!

Vid

I could join you if you like General, and make all those others look great if it would help you out :)
Being as I've never played online in BZ2, I'll make them shine brightly in talent and ability.  I've barely beaten the 1.3TA5 release, if that qualifies me to make them look good? :)
Well I've never beaten core solo mission without cheats... but it seems impossible.

If I'm 10 times worse than they are, it might make them look good to you again.

Honestly I rarely see more than 2 games up at a time, so I wasn't sure where everyone was playing.

cheesepuffly

Ill play with ya on dropzone, i do go after the towers, but i make sure to take care of the ambushers.
I liek chz

Chaka-Chaka-Pata-Pon!

Axeminister

This game is getting passed down to kids a lot so you see juvenile activity some. And some people move from 1.2 strats to 1.3 and don't see any strats, so they join an mpi and try to take on their whole base with a start-up ship and get killed and want to leave for a ship and try again. If you want there to be  communication you have to be nice enough for them to want to help, and basicaly teach them. It's freaking hard while doing all the micro-managing a Commander has to do, but hey, it's my favorite game and I try to get everyone up to speed so we can all play. My wife and I play some sort of mpi almost every night. Join us sometime.
There is no knowledge that is not power.