• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Map Request

Started by General_Hoohah, June 20, 2009, 01:01:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General_Hoohah

I have an idea for a map I know everyone would love, but I can't do it by my self. A Total Annihilation Core Prime Cash Map. A cash map is when there are lots of resources, TONS, often in your own base. There are cash maps for every stratagy game I've seen... except this one. I can make the textures... and design the map, but getting the AI to work with it... that I have no clue and I'm busy with other stuff. So if anyone would help me out, then I'd love to get started on it some time. :)
And remember, any problem caused by a tank can be solved by a tank.

cheesepuffly

Scrap pit 2 is basically what your talking about.
I liek chz

Chaka-Chaka-Pata-Pon!

General_Hoohah

I doubt it works with the new AI though, and its probably not Core Prime Themed.
And remember, any problem caused by a tank can be solved by a tank.

ScarleTomato

just take any old map (FE's junkyard map looks kinda like TA's metal map) and put an instantly respawning scrap piece on it. :-P

cheesepuffly

Quote from: General_Hoohah on June 20, 2009, 01:49:13 PM
I doubt it works with the new AI though, and its probably not Core Prime Themed.

No, and no.

But its in stock 1.3
I liek chz

Chaka-Chaka-Pata-Pon!

Red Spot

The way I'm setting up my mod you can have it on every map, as it has settings for basepools, fieldpools, scrapfields and other resource related settings. Basicly allowing you set up a game where scrap is hard to come by to where you get drowned in scrap ...
(I'm pretty much trying to get just about any option you can think of in the shell and have it supported by the dll)

It will be a while before anything gets released though, and it will only have 3 maps .. at least in a first release, but shouldnt take too much work to update maps at a later stage. When things are up and running I will be more than happy to take suggestions for some extra maps though ;)
*Something intelligent, yet funny*

Nielk1

No tricks are needed here.
Make a map with a lot of loose.
Make a good number of pools in each base.
Walla.

Or use my No-Extractor or No-Resource MRVP variant (not in ta5 yet) and collect mountains of loose scrap with its hoverscavs and let you in base Rec. Breeder pile in the rest.

Click on the image...