• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Idea For New Race

Started by General_Hoohah, July 02, 2009, 11:33:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigbadbogie

Ever heard of the Japanese?
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

General_Hoohah

Sop using this thread as a damn chat thread. Do you all have that little respect for me? This is the second topic I've started in the last couple weeks I've had to say this in.  Either contribute to the actual topic or stay on subject, or go stick your keyboard... well you get the point. I shouldn't have to spell it out for you.
And remember, any problem caused by a tank can be solved by a tank.

Angstromicus

Every one is so focused on choosing a different name for the Hzarzk. It isn't necessarily a bad thing to discuss a new name for the race, but perhaps there are more productive ways of discussing the topic right now. Such as:

How much of this will make it into gameplay? It's a lot more work animating raping/flesh tearing/barbaric practices than it is creating a gun that has the same end reseult: killing the target and advancing your advantage on the battlefield.

What would you like added, taken out, or changed about the race (voice your thoughts on having a race like this in the cp)?

etc. etc. Just a couple of suggestions. I'm really sleepy right now, but I hope I helped getting some creative juices flowing  :-).

General_Hoohah

One suggestion, I'm rather tired of... please don't take this the wrong way... is making this race more 3 dimentional. Making them simple and more 1 dimentional was the entire point. The best enemy has always been an enemy you can kill with no remourse. I don't want to get all touchy feely about an enemy and try to "understand them". I want to blow their head off. Forget the world, blast away my aggression, and relax. I don't want to get wrapped up into trying to help an enemy or read some huge bio about them. I play video games with bad guys because I want to blow them up into tiny peices... like the lint you find at the bottom of your wallet.

Bloodthirsty, murderous, violent aliens who live to cause pain and suffering, and its my job to blow away every single one of them... Thats my kind of enemy! Who's with me on that?

VSMIT

Quote from: General_Hoohah on July 04, 2009, 12:39:37 AM
One suggestion, I'm rather tired of... please don't take this the wrong way... is making this race more 3 dimentional. Making them simple and more 1 dimentional was the entire point. The best enemy has always been an enemy you can kill with no remourse.
Wasn't that the issue with the ISDF in stock BZ2?  They viewed the Scions as simply an enemy to destroy, and never really tried to learn about the people they were destroying.  And thus we have the ISDF ending of BZ2.  With the condemnation of a peaceful race.

QuoteBloodthirsty, murderous, violent aliens who live to cause pain and suffering, and its my job to blow away every single one of them... Thats my kind of enemy! Who's with me on that?
Personally, not me.  I'd rather have an enemy with two sides, like the Hadeans in FE.  There were those that were just out for the blood of Humanity, but there were also those that were willing to work with both the Humans and Scions for the betterment of all three races.  This is what made me like the Hadeans, they weren't just kill, kill, destroy, destroy.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

Clavin12

You could make them sneaky and shrewd as well as murderous, so that their more interesting and "evil".
C l a v i n 1 2

TheJamsh

GH you need to chill out. Forums have banter. This is nothing more. Its got nothing to do with respect if people fo off topic...

On a thread note, personally i really dont like the name Hzarzk... just sounds like someones been trying TOO hard to make an 'alien' sounding name. Need something that flows better (and definately DOESNT start with H, C, S, I or E)

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Clavin12

C l a v i n 1 2

Angstromicus

I just remembered about GHH's old topic on the race, so I figured I'd move it here.

Clavin12

Since they weren't really supposed to escape they could have a name that sounds like it came from a lab and a name that they gave themselves. for example the E.S.H.P or Experimental Super-Human Prototype, and A more artistic name like Hzarzk, or Numenards (just an idea)
C l a v i n 1 2

King Gladiator

I like the idea of a lab name except personally i think it should be an acronym. the species lab name makes up a word that they call themselves.
The only thing that is necessary for evil to succeed is that men of good will do nothing.
-Edmund Burke

Feared_1

Quote from: General_Hoohah on July 04, 2009, 12:39:37 AM
One suggestion, I'm rather tired of... please don't take this the wrong way... is making this race more 3 dimentional. Making them simple and more 1 dimentional was the entire point.

Everything submitted is subject to change. We can try our best to make it what you want, but in order to fit them into a story they may have to change.

General_Hoohah

Thats fine I guess Feared.

The one thing I don't want to change about this race, is the way their technology looks. The whole industrial boxy look with layers of plates, oversized canons, bolts and rivets sticking out is more threatening. Theres more of a "I'll kick your a$$" quality about it.

Nielk1

"Oh, but they're really just misunderstood."
PETA member runs in front of Hzark and EDF troops.
"Can you really look into those eyes and..."
Hzark eats PETA member.

But in all seriousness, look at the description. They are intelligent, and they escape their creators. This sounds like your standard Frankenstein story. They are hunted so they attack. Perhaps if they were not they would not? But some things cannot be for seen or if they are dealt with before it is too late.

Click on the image...

General BlackDragon

one thing, when creating these evil units, FIRST create what they used to look like before they stole them, THEN add on the chains and bodies and blood. :)

*****General BlackDragon*****