• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Idea For New Race

Started by General_Hoohah, July 02, 2009, 11:33:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

General_Hoohah

I've been playing around with the idea of a new race, and brainstorming with a few members in the community. Tell me what you guys think:

This race is blood thirsty. They're a race of war criminals love to murder, torture, and kill any form of intelligent life they can find. The ships and tanks they use are industrial sort of boxy looking death machines, with oversize guns and cannons and laters of plates with rivets and bolts showing. They decortate their ships with chains, blood, and sometimes skulls. Its not their biometal technology however, they stole it from the race who controls them.

After some brainstorming between me, AHadley, and Angstromicus, we put this together as a rough beginning to the outline of this race:

Hzarzk
- Incredibly violent race of humanoid mutants, created by another race as a result of highly immoral genetic experiments on babies.
- Goal of the experiments was to combine the DNA splicing of vicious wildlife with an accelerated immune system and immunizations, to create the perfect biological warfare resistant super solider.
- Experiments declared a success, and armies of super soldiers are created.
- Their attempts to prevent the DNA spreading down bloodlines fails.
- The mentality of the many offspring of the super soldiers slowly degenerate into intelligent versions of the animals they spliced, developing incredibly violent tendencies, an unquenchable blood lust, and eventually begin to mutate into stronger faster creatures with the ability to detect pheromones from hundreds of meters away.
- These creatures are named the Hzarzk
- They eventually multiply in vast numbers, overwhelming the race who created them and violently wipe them out.
- The Hzarzk steal the biometal technology used by their creators to travel to other worlds so they can kill more.

Their discription is this. About 10 feet tall, slightly hunched over with slightly long arms and claws, small cold black eyes, a large boney jaw, and sharp teeth. As pilots, they'd carry large heavy weapons like oversized plasma rifles and rocket launchers, or maybe just attack you with their claws like jack-killers.

There's nothing very deep about this race, and thats what makes them a great enemy.  The best kind of enemy is one you can HATE and kill without remorse, without any reason to try and understand them or feel sorry for them. A race of bloodthirsty creatures bent on the distruction of every form of intelligent life, who will slowly rip you limb from limb and listen to your screams if they ever get the chance.

They don't have to be named the Hzarzk, as long as thier name sounds alien to the english language, and doesn't sound like someone belching or a bodily noise.  :-P

So tell me what you guys think. :)
And remember, any problem caused by a tank can be solved by a tank.

Clavin12

I think its great. Although just being bloodthirsty doesn't seem to make them that evil to me.
C l a v i n 1 2

General BlackDragon

Canabalistic and Horney. They rape and eat you. Then they cut off your skin and make a funny hat to wear when going to parties.

Hows that?

*****General BlackDragon*****

bigbadbogie

Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Clavin12

How bout you name them the Leaux? Its french sounding and the french are known for being kind of bloodthristy.
C l a v i n 1 2

AHadley

Are they? Since when did the French go around ripping people limb from limb? The french are actually quite friendly!

Arbystrider

Quote from: GreenHeart on October 06, 2009, 01:39:19 AM
Beware of internet explorer it is horribly evil.
Yes it is. Stay away. Somebody should warn Microfeck. And call 911.

AHadley

What does everybody have against the Germans? They're even more friendly than the French!

Arbystrider

Did your History teacher ever mention that Adolf Hitler started the WWII?
Quote from: GreenHeart on October 06, 2009, 01:39:19 AM
Beware of internet explorer it is horribly evil.
Yes it is. Stay away. Somebody should warn Microfeck. And call 911.

TheJamsh

Sounds like the Reavers from the firefly series.

Apparently, rape you to death, skin you, and where you skin as there clothing.

If youre lucky, they do it in that order...

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

AHadley

Quote from: Arbystrider on July 03, 2009, 06:35:38 AM

Did your history teacher ever mention that Adolf Hitler wasn't German? Did your history teacher ever mention that WWII was in the 1940s?

Nielk1

Quote from: Arbystrider on July 03, 2009, 06:35:38 AM

Wow... Just wow... Arby, for some reason, do you think you are smarter than us or something? With some sort of need to look it? I mean really... Details like that... No hoot. <- I blame the swear filter

Click on the image...

Angstromicus

Everyone gets the point. NAZI Germany were the really bad guys back in the day, and some people still haven't recovered from the horror or still detest the Germans for what happened. If you want to know any more google/wikipedia is your friend. Now lets not let this devolve into flames guys - my Flame Sense is tingling.

Nielk1

This would be the second genetic enemy in BZ2. FS has the Swarm which were created genetically.

Click on the image...

Clavin12

Quote from: Clavin12 on July 02, 2009, 06:35:18 PM
How bout you name them the Leaux? Its french sounding and the french are known for being kind of bloodthristy.

French revolution killed thousands. All killed by French
C l a v i n 1 2