• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Fall of the Empires

Started by TheJamsh, July 04, 2009, 03:15:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheJamsh

A possible prequel to the fleshstorm series. Ive not really thought of a storyline as such, but this might get some brains ticking over...

Fleshstorms key part is that the empires have been ground into dust. The Cerberi are nothing more than vermin, mercilessly hunted down by the EDF, while the Hadean crown is limited to its space.

There is a 20 year time gap between the end of FE and the opening of fleshstorm. Perhaps a storyline that details the come-uppance of the black dog squadron, and the introduction of the swarm as genetic experiments.

Maybe THIS time, we could view the storyline FROM the creators of the swarms perspective, how they grow out of control and manifest? I actually kind of like the idea of a mod that doesnt make Earth seem like an ass-kicking we will win no matter what kind of storyline. I want to see it from a different point of view.

If we were to do so, a lot of the work on the swarm is already done, perhaps start before the genetcic experiments take place? Maybe a war between two species, or a civil war of a single species. Perhaps the swarm are created by one side to destroy or control the other, then go out of control entirely and destroy the race. You could chase youre creation or enemy down until the swarm begin to bump into the Phaer Rahn and the Black Dogs, perhaps in the end something quite different happens.

I dunno.. might make up a storyline like this if i get time. Which i doubt... so get thinking.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Nielk1

This sadly encroaches on FS2 as we do not know exactly what that will say. The Swarm are VERY old btw. VERY VERY VERY old.

Click on the image...

bigbadbogie

Lizard has already told me the origins of the Swarm.

They are not genetic experiments.

I can't tell you anything else for fear of being crushed.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Warfreak

Their brief origin story was told i believe, when the Probe was discussed on BZ2MD.

AHadley

I remember that, that was a good discussion. Admit it, the Swarm and Miasma must have been inspired by the same thing. :P