• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Storyline Idea: Perfidious

Started by AHadley, July 05, 2009, 06:15:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fulmen

Quote from: TheJamsh on July 25, 2009, 07:53:55 AM
New Core was stable after the scion campaign in stock, but before FE, Braddock nuked it, and it was basically *Ammo*ed. The scion's were virtually wiped out, but enough lived on, and journeyed around in the ARK II, which led them to the Hadeans. The Scions have been living on Mire since i believe.

There is no new-core campaign at the end of FE. Core IS gone, you are fighting on what is left of it, because thats where the Cerberi have holed up, and are creating ships by holding hadean ones and re-generating them. The Cerberi mother god escapes with Schultz from the destroyed 'new core' (you unawarely hover right past it actually) when you take out the cerberi power scource.

I KNOW!!! I was talking about the ORIGINAL Core. It was DYING, which is why the Scions HAD to find a NEW HOME, and they did that by transforming the Dark Planet into a NEW CORE. At that point there were TWO Cores. Then Braddock nuked the new one (aka Dark Planet) and then there was only one Core, apparently which no longer was dying, since the Scions still survived after the nuking of the New Core. That can only mean one thing - They stabilized Core (the old one) at least temporarily. Also, most Scions on the New Core (again, aka Dark Planet - when I talk about New Core I mean the 2nd one that got nuked) escaped destruction according to FE, and they still likely inhabit all of the worlds in the Scion system.

Once again, when I was talking about the New Core campaign, I meant the Hadean campaign under General Thanatos on Ruined Core, which I've understandably been referring to as New Core all along.

Quote from: TheJamsh on July 25, 2009, 07:53:55 AMBOTH events in FE take place, there is no storyline split as Nielk1 said, it just depends which one you go for. Either way, Thanatos goes off to fight on new core to rid them of the cerberi, while the vengeance task force travel to earth to prevent the imperial hadeans (loyal to the emporer, NOT thanatos), awaking the nexus, which they do, and then you take it out.

That's how I've always thought. The question is, which path did Corber take? I believe he went to stay with the EDF. The Hadean campaign just doesn't suit him IMO. And especially the ending story where he marries some Hadean chick and becomes an ambassador to Earth..ugh.

Quote from: TheJamsh on July 25, 2009, 07:53:55 AMThe core computer itself (the scion one) is not related to the FE campaign in anyway shape or form. Serenesis mod's storyline made by youres truly explains the true origins of the cerberi mother god, the core computer and how everything ties in together, practically explains the existence of the scions and bio-metal on earth in the first place, so its pretty deep.

The logs you get during the flight to Mercury on the first mission in the FE campaign explain that the New Core super computer (apparently identical to that of the original Core's super computer) ejected into space upon Braddock's post-humous attack on New Core with bio-metal tipped interplanetary nuclear missiles.

Quote from: TheJamsh on July 25, 2009, 07:53:55 AMThe old hadean emporer stepped down to Thanatos out of honour. I'm not overly sure he forgave Thanatos, but because of Thanatos' insane victory over the Cerberi, and the fact that the EDF defeated the emporers force on Earth made him stand down.

I see.

Off-topic: TJ, when are we going to strat again?  :lol:

TheJamsh

You're right about the ejection :)

and strat is good all the time :P. getting bored of MPI atm mainly because im testing it ALL the time with beserk AIP set... getting tedious lol. especially with a brother who can't play for trucks...

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Fulmen

And of course, because 1.3 MPI, even on the hardest possible settings, is sooo ridiculously easy.  :lol:

Red Spot

Quote from: Fulmen on July 25, 2009, 02:48:07 PM
And of course, because 1.3 MPI, even on the hardest possible settings, is sooo ridiculously easy.  :lol:

Imo harder than in 1.2 where I could do it asleep .... ;)
Anyway, you go 'strat' on people when playing MPI and get them to act as a team, havent seen many do that in 1.3 .... 8-)
*Something intelligent, yet funny*

TheJamsh

Oh just you wait... beserks kick out 10 chain scouts within about 90-150 seconds of starting, which split off to attack youre rec or youre extractors. late waves are about 20-25 units at a time. Once i fix scrap collection... we will be screwed.

But, back on topic. sorry for the hi-jack. again...

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Fulmen

AHadley

OK, let's clear some stuff up. This is getting chaotic.

1) I killed Corbin (that's the proper spelling) because Chipotle, who voiced him, is unreachable. Having a main character with no VO lines is difficult.

2) Field Marshal is the rank above General in both the US and UK militaries, I believe. This could make Hardin the leader of the EDF, or it could simply be a posthumous rank amongst the EDF Council.

3) Sentencing him to death is not strictly an EDF protocol, though this could be due to the rebellion of the EDF Generals (who didn't really like him due to some of the risks he took - project guard dog springs to mind)

4) Wyndt Essex is not the mole. Kind of.

5) The Computers are the heart of the storyline. You actually destroy the MotherGod in the last mission, which accounts for the fact that the Cerberi are much less organised in later mods.

6) It is easy to change which way Corbin went, I designed the storyline so he could have gone either way. It seems he destroyed the Nexus instead of going Hadean.

7) The origins of the Cerberi and the Cerberus AI (MotherGod) are all sorted, NK1 is being a great help. Don't worry about that.

I will elaborate in some more posts.

bigbadbogie

You don't need to kill Corber... just don't include him.

That's like if FE had killed off Cooke.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Fulmen

1) Play FE again. Early missions talk of him as Corbin, but all voice-overs talk about CorbER, and after the first few missions all briefings talk about CorbER. Thus clearly Corber was decided to be the correct spelling and pronounciation of his name, after seemingly some initial confusion in the FE team.

I concur with what BBB said about killing him off. Why would Corber have to be a main character anyway? FE didn't have Cooke or Padishah Burns and the rest in it either (understandably due to not being able to get the voice-overs, of course, but still), save for Cooke and Shabayev being mentioned in some debriefings.

2) Field marshal is the highest rank in most European and North American armies. However, like I already pointed out, the human space armies in the BZ universe seem to be a special case, where a five star general is the highest rank. EDF goes beyond this. It seemingly has no supreme rank, but instead is ruled by a council of generals.

3) I think the generals who originally were against Hardin would've been ashamed of their previous opinion once the Hadean threat became real, not vengeful. Unless they were all evil conspirators (lol).

4) Ok.

5) The Mother God and Schultz escaped in the ending of FE, AFAIK.

6) Ok.

7) I hope so.

AHadley

1) I believe it is CorbIN, which is pronounced CorbER. This discussion has been going on for ages, and only the true FE guys can fix it. I think the way I've got it sounds more right :P

He might not be killed off anyway.

2) He might just be awarded a medal then. Depends what the other canon guys have to say. (NK1, Avatar etc.)

3) Maybe they just hate him :lol:

5) They did escape in the ending of FE, but the MotherGod is destroyed at the end of Perfidious.

Big storyline post coming up in a minute.

AHadley

Explanations for something are marked in italics.

Three months after the Cerberi Incursion of 2009, the people who spearheaded Project Guard Dog have received their promotions. Miles Hardin has reached the rank of Field Marshal (whilst being a prestigious rank in the EDF High Command, it does not mean much and is purely ceremonial), Corbin is his General, and Carla Wyndt-Essex has received the prestigious Ring of Saturn for her bravery.

The EDF Lead Engineer Major Eisenstein and his team have begun development on a new flying craft to work alongside the Hadean TIE and Scion Bee craft. This craft will later become central to the storyline.

On a routine scouting mission on Spartacus, a young Lieutenant (as yet unnamed) receives a distress call from the nearby sealed-off Miasma StarPortal. Rushing to investigate, he discovers a Blue Hawks Sabre, and a pilot with it who claims to have no recollection of the past three months. She is taken to a nearby EDF base and placed in recovery. She is later identified as Major Wyndt-Essex, who disappeared on a mission on Miasma shortly before the planet's destruction. Nobody has any explanation for how she may have survived.

Before much can be learnt from the Major the base is attacked by Hadean forces. The Hadean Crown claims no affiliation with the attackers, and they are soon found to be members of the Hadean Imperialist Movement, who have been opposed to Thanatos' rule since his rise to power. They nearly overwhelm the base, but are forced back just in time, with heavy casualties on both sides.

A search for their base of operations ensues, which turns up cold, though many smaller bases turn up along the way, each of which are attacked and destroyed.

The EDF are contacted by an extremely frightened Hadean officer, who reports that their main base on Spartacus has been overrun by rebel Hadean forces. They have taken control of the MegaGun and are prepared to fire it at Hades if their demands are not agreed to. The EDF are asked to assault the base and destroy it. During the assault, many more lives are lost, including that of General Corbin. However, the assault was successful and the Hadean Imperialists have been neutralised.

Corbin has been killed because I can't get on to Chipotle for voiceovers. If he does show up and agrees to help, Corbin may yet survive.

Disturbing news is received after the assault. A high-security research base on Eris, where Major Eisenstein's technicians and engineers were working on the Dragonfly Fighter, was completely obliterated by an unknown attacker whilst the EDF were concentrated at the Spartacus base. Lieutenant ***** is sent to investigate, and discovers something extremely disturbing at the site. The indications are that this attack was from a superweapon of Cerberi origin, far more powerful than any Hadean megagun. An investigation as to how the location of the base was discovered is launched.

The Dragonfly Project is brought forward and before long thousands of the craft are being produced and are put into action patrolling the skies around EDF bases and various sites of significance to the Cerberi.

The investigation into the base's destruction turns up an astonishing result thanks to an anonymous tip-off. General Hardin's desk was found to have a Cerberi communicator in it. Hardin is immediately arrested pending investigation and execution (neither the AAN nor High Command had particularly liked him after Project Guard Dog, and they figure keeping him out of the way is a good thing), but manages to escape detention and flee with the loyal White Fox squadron, of which Lieutenant ***** is a member. They are pursued across the galaxy by EDF forces, all the time searching for clues to who the mole could actually be, and where this Cerberi superweapon could be.

Adjusted bits so it makes more sense.

Their supplies running low, the White Foxes land on a Scion-controlled planet and plead for help. The Scions, understanding their predicament and not believing that the hero Hardin is capable of such treachery, agree to shelter and hide them, providing supplies and medical care for injured officers - including Wyndt-Essex, who had long ago pledged loyalty to Hardin.

The EDF arrive and search the planet for the White Foxes, but are unable to find them and leave.

Suddenly, several major Scion bases on the planet are attacked by Cerberi forces. The Scions hold them off with the help of the White Foxes. The Scions manage to find the Cerberi base on the planet and send a small stealth force to paint a target for their long range missiles. The force is made up of White Foxes and Scion pilots armed with high-power anti-tank and anti-peronell weaponary.

Whilst the attack is underway, one of the White Foxes' Dragonfly fighters lands in the middle of the base. The Cerberi do not fire on the craft and in fact ignore it completely, and when Major Wyndt-Essex steps out it becomes clear that it is she, not Hardin, who is the mole. Lieutennant ***** records everything on his sniper rifle's tracking camera so it can be used as evidence against her, proving Hardin's innocence. The video clearly shows Wyndt-Essex inputting coordinates into the base's radar array. Once the recording is complete, the Scions proceed to destroy the base, but Wyndt-Essex manages to escape, but not before a tracking device is placed on her craft.

This section takes much longer in terms of missions than it does on paper.

Wyndt-Essex leads the Scions back to a dear solar system, the star of which had burnt out long ago. The system is infested with Cerberi, far too many for even the might of the Scions and White Foxes to stave off. They contact the Hadeans, who agree to aid them in an assault, but even with their might they believe they cannot hope to win against the Cerberi hordes. At exactly the right time, an EDF assault force turns up, their arrival prompted by the proof of Wyndt-Essex's treachery and Hardin's innocence, and the existence of huge Cerberi operation in a nearby system.

One by one, the planets are assaulted and the Cerberi bases fall to the combined might of the races of the Alliance, until only one planet remains.

This final planet is much smaller than the others, though it has completely fallen to the Cerberi. The planet itself is cold and dead, its centre hollowed out to provide space for what seems to be a massive superweapon. The assault on this planet takes much longer than the others, and at some moments it seems that the Cerberi may win after all, but eventually they are beaten and the Allied forces break through to the chasm that reaches down into the heart of the planet. Immediately, they dive in, knowing that whatever is down there could cause the destruction of all three races.

What they discover inside is terrifying. The entire planet has been turned into a weapon, the chasm in it used to house a massive cannon similar to a Hadean megagun, only a million times more powerful and capable of harnessing all the energy stored in the system's planets to cause destruction on a scale as yet unheard of. The destruction of the base on Eris was merely a fraction of its massive power.

Even deeper within the chasm is the terrible entity that controls it - the Cerberi Mothergod, a part of the wounded Core Computer which had ejected when nuked by Braddock's hidden base. The Hadeans, Scions and EDF of course destroy both the weapon and the Cerberi Mothergod, throwing the remaining Cerberi forces into disarray. In doing so, they learn the true story of the Cerberi's creation, which also throws light on the disaster of the Furies, and the truth about the biometaloids.

In mods such as FleshStorm, the Cerberi are no longer the terrifying opponent they once were, and are reduced to small groups mercilessly hunded by the Black Dogs.

There you have it. A nice summary of the storyline, not too detailed yet, though I have got a few missions planned out and some of the major elements are completed. I've got the default RV for all four races running and usable already, albeit with some fairly major bugs in places and needing some serious fixing.

Fits in very nicely with the existing storylines too, especially stock BZ2 (though pretty much anything will fit with that), Forgotten Enemies (which this is of course based on), QF (There nay even be mention of the QF in the campaign :P) and FleshStorm, all three of which are widely considered canon mods. Hopefully, the fact that it fits so well will make this so too.

AHadley

Is there any particular reason nobody takes notice of this thread until about a week after I've put it up, when I'm on holiday? Come on, people! :P

bigbadbogie

You have no idea how good this mod sounds!!!

If you were really going to include the QF... I would be willing to completely remake them for this mod.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

bb1

Somehow merge this with the time travel thing to give it spiciness and you have a CP story ready to pop into dev.

Nielk1

Well, BZRAP should have the QF, make them for that too.

aRc has them but not as a whole race in the current design, but instead as something you meet as anti-government forces.

We all really like the QF you know.

Click on the image...