• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Windows 7

Started by Red Devil, July 05, 2009, 08:33:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red Devil

It's being released October 22nd and is available for pre-order on Amazon now.
What box???

King Gladiator

YAY!!! now i can get rid of Vista in a few months!  :lol:
The only thing that is necessary for evil to succeed is that men of good will do nothing.
-Edmund Burke

cheesepuffly

Ah ill stick with vista for now. Unless windows 7 is unanimously revolutionary ill wait.
I liek chz

Chaka-Chaka-Pata-Pon!

bigbadbogie

Windows 7 will probably be worse than Vista.

Keep XP forever.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Red Devil

I'm sticking with XP, too.  MS scares me with their constant desire for control.
What box???

GSH

XP is nice until you need more than 3-3.5GB of ram in your system, and/or more than 2-3 GB of memory allocated to any given process. (And, I find that WinXP with the /3GB boot switch makes various other apps break.)

A 64-bit OS is what's needed to break those memory limitations. XP has a 64-bit version, but it's too weird and not really used by anyone. When I build my next system for home, it'll probably have well more than 4GB ram, and therefore Win7/64bit version as my primary OS. Given that I multiboot between XP, Vista/32bit, and Ubuntu 9.04 32 bit, I expect to continue to multiboot for a while. Just that the default won't be XP.

-- GSH

Wraith

Due to some sources windows 7 is an upgrade to xp. Windows 7 will only use 256 mb of ram to run is is alot lower then windows vista and cheaper as well.
Trend Micro HijackThis 2.0.2

Post a log in Overdrive Terminal if you have a malware/virus problem

Red Devil

In case I decide to get it, I pre-ordered an upgrade via Amazon for $99.  If the price drops between now and then, I get the lower price and they don't charge until it ships, plus I can still cancel before it ships if I decide not to get it.
What box???

VSMIT

Now that's a good deal, RD.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

AHadley

I think I may get it for my next PC... scratchbuild FTW

cheesepuffly

Quote from: AHadley on July 06, 2009, 12:20:28 PM
I think I may get it for my next PC... scratchbuild FTW

SCRATCHBUILD FTW!

You gonna do it yourself, or just select that parts yourself?
I liek chz

Chaka-Chaka-Pata-Pon!

AHadley

Do it myself, but I might ask around here for parts :lol:

King Gladiator

Quote from: bigbadbogie on July 05, 2009, 04:42:20 PM
Windows 7 will probably be worse than Vista.

Keep XP forever.
I REALLY really hope not
The only thing that is necessary for evil to succeed is that men of good will do nothing.
-Edmund Burke

Red Devil

The only reservation i had with W7 was its desire to take over my rig.  If i put it on its own HD, i'm thinking it should be okay.  Pretty responsive otherwise.
What box???

Red Devil

*Wonders if BZ2 1.3 will run under 64-bit W7*
What box???