• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Army Men: RTS

Started by Power Board, July 05, 2009, 10:40:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Power Board

I picked up this game called "Army Men: RTS" for the PC. The main reason I bought it was because it said "Made by the creators of BattleZone II". I'm just wondering if any of you guys have played it.

GSH

More accurate would be "made by the creators of Dark Reign 2". The DR2 team moved to Australia and did Army Men RTS then the first two Destroy All Humans games.

-- GSH

anomaly

What a coincidence, I recently got this game from a friend.  Can't say it was really great though. I remember unit control being pretty frustrating as you select, deselect, and assign commands with the same left-click, which meant that I often deselected when I wanted my units to attack.  Employs a resource system very similar to battlezone where destroyed units and preplaced landmarks yield "plastic" which you sent out scavengers to collect. 

TheJamsh

I have this. it interested me for quite a while, but nothing on BZ2.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Nielk1

Quote from: anomaly on July 06, 2009, 02:27:40 AM
I remember unit control being pretty frustrating as you select, deselect, and assign commands with the same left-click, which meant that I often deselected when I wanted my units to attack.

I prefer that system personally. I have the way Starcraft has it. I name make mistakes like that since in such games the cursor changes. In Dark Reign (1) you hold Ctrl to force order an attack on units, plants, or even just a spot on the ground.

Click on the image...