• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

would you be interested...

Started by TheJamsh, July 11, 2009, 06:15:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheJamsh

...in seeing the Hadean & Cerberi available as playable races in STRATEGY ONLY?

Note that they would ONLY be available in strategy, and there won't be any 'variants' as such, maybe a couple of the more basic ones like empty scouts and empty scout cost. What do you think?

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

AHadley

I'm not entirely sure... they're awesome races for sure, but i dont know cause they probably belong in FE...

TheJamsh

True. i don't want people thinking this is a rip from FE. However they could also be human-playable races in MPI and IA VERY easily. The AI would not use them, but the Humans could. Making AIP's compatible would literally be a copy& paste & name-change, so long as we use provide names.

It would add a lot of variety however, which is what the packs all about.

Warfreak

Just remember that you WILL need to take into consideration that some of the maps dont promote the build style of the Hadean. (I.E. NSDF/CCA style. Adjacent struct requirements and free build Pgens FTW)

TheJamsh

Mr X

I thought that cereberi weren't in strat games because they were overpowered. Hadeans could be fun though.
http://www.bzuniverse.com/forum/index.php/topic,10101.0.html
starting January 2010!

TheJamsh

make sure you both pick Cerberi then :P

Nielk1

Click on the image...

TheJamsh

Started... and nearly finished. I really would rather not delete it all.

I do agree thats its encroaching on FE a bit. But as Slaor said "use what you want from FE mate, s'what its for..." And anyway, It's not like this will stop people DLing FE 1.3, They will still need that to play properly, as even if i wanted to i wouldn't put more in because its Red Devil's project.

Adjusting to the different included recs is easy. I'll put it in next private update, and see how we get on.

General BlackDragon

sounds like your TA5 enhancement pack is turning into another ULER mod.

*****General BlackDragon*****

bigbadbogie

If you are going to do this, be sure to add the Swarm and the Phaer-Rhan too.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

TheJamsh

I was only going to add the Hadean & Cerberi because they are the most established races and feel more stock than any other added races. Nevertheless this isn't BZRAP (even though thats probably dead now), and i can't really be assed to do it all again quite frankly.

To me its more like a big recycler variant, just with a racename. It can always be done as a recycler variant, which is coming over as the preferred option. Still gives you the choice for MPI & IA, but strategy means you can play the 'Hadean' or 'Cerberi' style variants against each other...

The addon pack is pretty much based on improving the options for MP. Started out as an asset fix, then included a recycler variant, and now its a huge grouping of various variants, new MP modes etc. In fact my variant has 1 or 2 vehicles and weapons from FE in it. I don't see the big issue. If the majority of people here DONT want them going in full stop, then say so. If you'd rather see it as a rec variant then say so, if youd rather have them as a semi-playable race, guess what?

Warfreak

The thing is that MRVP SHOULD essentially cover the basis of the other Races.
- DeploysA/B uses the Phaer Rhan style.
- InversePwr covers Hadean pretty well.
- PowerCatcher covers the QF/BZC LocalAmmo GunTowers.
- I THINK the swarm extraction style got emulated somewhere.
- The original MRVP variant (Scrappy) cover BZ1 style scrap management.
- Many of the other variants cover enough ground on their own.

My original idea was to allow each of the Basis for the variants as Easter Egg Races (I.E. secret button that secretly switches the vehicle list and set up in a way that the variant determined which race you were... Very doable by anyone btw) , but that was sortof shot down.

TheJamsh

Doing it slightly differently. Im imploring a different variant called 'TheJamshs Cthonian Variant' or something to that effect...

Its quite simple really, theres already a few buttons in the MP shell that allow you to swap vehicle lists, now theres a button to swap them to the hadean and cerberi starting vehicles. This way, only these 'races' can be selected at once, and you wont have the list of variants for the standard races crop up. Easy peasy lemon squeezy

Reason im stamping my name on the front is because im going to change a couple of things. Not drastic, just small tweaks here and there. But then... Inheritance is a wonderful thing :D

This way, i don't have to pull of MRVP recs, and stock Rec variants for these two. The race will remain unplayable in IA now, but the fact is, you can play an MPI like an IA game with only one player. Maybe this will encourage people to open up some MPI games more often.

TheJamsh

Red Devil is undertaking FE for 1.3, and in IRC he said he would rather i didn't include them as it kind of undercuts what hes doing, which is perfectly fair enough.

Therefore, im taking them out and scrapping this idea. Adding races to stock isnt easy if you want this to be played alongside stock anyway, so i'm not going to add any additional races, unless someone tells me i HAVE to :)

I think what i MAY do however, is after the addon-pack is released (quite some time after), seeing as BZRAP is dead, release an addon-pack compliant race pack, which adds various races to the pack and makes them playable. Again this would probably be human-only unless someone feels like helping me out on AIP's.

Sorry guys :), but theres plenty of toys in there anyway :)