• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

The Red Wolves

Started by ssuser, July 13, 2009, 02:02:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bb1

No clue. All tests were with me inside it starting the map. Maybe it is the non-stock name.

ssuser

I doubt if it is due to the non-stock name. The non-stock GT crash occurs when you create a custom odf for a GT using the stock baseName (i.e. abtowe) and then try to actually build one while playing - this will make the game crash. However, you can place such units in edit mode and they work fine. I've built levels (Red Tide comes to mind) where I place a custom GT off the playable map as a team 2 unit, as long as there is one on the map the player can then build the custom units via the constructor without crashes. Very odd.

Dx

Didn't work that way for me while i tried to debug it but i should try it again now that you brought that up ssuser... but i think i should just do a sp mission and test it then.

You shouldn't be in a GT, try a turret dressed up like a GT and do the model as a turret would be made.

bb1

I was in it to go through weapons testing that I could not fully cooperate with the AI shooting directly at something. I think I named it avtank and threw it in a test map just for that reason. I did run numerous tests on it to make sure, though. I delicately balanced the weapon on the NSDF to fire 5 off quickly (to mimic a barrage) but not completely decimate the opponent. Solar flare would FREAK them out like crazy.

[TurretCraftClass]
setAltitude = 0.0
omegaTurret = 1.5
alphaTurret = 3.6
alphaTrack = 100.0 //no problems on my end, if you have probs lower to 75.
alphaDamp = 50.0 //same as above- but 12 instead.
pitchPitch = 0.0

If any portion of the ODF is causing problems, this would be it. I really worked on getting it not to bend or sway whatsoever, and with these settings, double mag or rocket bomb to the very tip top of the model would cause minimal if any sway.

Was a very important consideration; the soviet rocket tower would look pure crap if it swayed around. It never crashed for me, and all this talk about it makes me consider going back into DEV with it and potentially re releasing it.

Hey, this is ringing some bells...  for maps that have custom GT's (and other custom units built) the Developers always had a custom build odf (you know, b_ambld.odf) that included the custom unit in the mission directory.  We never really understood why they did this...  maybe it's related to the crash when a custom unit is built ingame?

-Av-

Dx

Av. I tried everything i could to use a custom GT name in an IA mission, i wasted weeks in the debugger. :p

It seems to be the ID given to the custom named GT that causes a crash while doing the force matching which occures when the enemy units come within a certain range of the GT. It's got nothing to do with custom weapons or models, it's all in the name and unless the abtowe is in assemble code, i can't find where the problem is.

Don't ya hate putting soo much work into something and getting zero for trying... :(