• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

The Red Wolves

Started by ssuser, July 13, 2009, 02:02:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ssuser

For those of you who don't drop by the BZ club forum often, I have just released a skins pack for the Red Wolf units. If you drop in at the BZC the thread is in the "General Discussion" forum and there are 2 links to d/l the pack from, first is just a geocities page which has low bandwidth (not recommended) but Dx set them up as a direct d/l from the BZC site as well (link is at bottom of 1st post) and I recommend using that link to grab them.

Anyway, check them out, I welcome comments and criticism on these as I hope they can be improved upon in the future.

Fulmen

I've recently tried to re-aquire the Red Wolves and Shrieking Eagles missions, but the YG links are down and the other forum lead by this "Collins" guy (forgot the site's name) still hasn't accepted my registering to the site, although I did it at least a week ago, so I can't download the missions anywhere.

If you have them, go to www.youtube.com/ffulmenthefinnish and add me in one of the programs listed on the side on the left, and please send them to me. Cheers.

Launch

I really don't fool with BZ that much anymore and almost closed the site a few months back. Since the community is so small as it is I decided against it. I have no idea when I approve people that register there only some get the notification and others don't. I re-set the downloads for 'all visitors' the other day so have at it.

http://bzfederation.com/index.php

http://bzfederation.com
Taking Battlezone to a new level ...

ssuser

Nice to see the BZ federation stuff is still around... Fulmen, you can get the Red Wolf Missions and SE pack of the IA installers page at BZF.

That's odd, that you can't get files off the YG page, I will ask Kahless about this next time we talk. the YG clan is more or less defunct - just Kahless and me more or less active with bz stuff now - but the files should still be there even tho the website updater has long gone.

You can still get LOTG at benbradley.com if you want his mission pack as well.

bb1

Yup, you are the only go-to guy with BZ single player or AI. Any trick there is, you've done it and written it.

All except my jetpack  :evil: but if I told you to make one you'd probably have concept->functioning in 5 minutes or less.

Glad we have one encyclopedia left for this game!.. dx, you're getting there but not just yet ;)

Dx

Ya.. guess i'll have to apply myself.. work harder, faster.. nights and weekends. ;)

ssuser

BB1, I think i have your jetpack, if it is named booster.zip - neat concept, though I think there is not too much use for the jetpack in bz1 - or in bz2, either for that matter - I tried it in bz2, but there are better things for a pilot to hump around...  :evil:

bb1

That would be the one. It is mostly just for pure concept and maybe snipe maps (although TBH it never stood a chance gaining popularity since it replaces the standard sniper orientation, making jumpsnipe, GASSing and airscope impractical for all but the swiftest users.

Did you ever get those rocket towers to work or did they keep UEing?

If so, one of the omega-turn variables is set too high (I think I remember noting this in ODF). I tuned it so it would have extremely little kickback when hit by weapons, just as a building should.

ssuser

Jeez, I forgot all about those rocket towers until you mentioned them, I don't know if I still even have the models. I remember I never did get them working right even tho I played around with them a bit, then got discouraged and went on to something else. They were nice looking though.

AHadley

Maybe if you mail the models to Avatar, they would make an appearance...

Dx

Quote from: bb1 on August 15, 2009, 01:48:35 PM
Did you ever get those rocket towers to work or did they keep UEing?

GT's in IA and possibly SP must use the stock names of either abtowe or sbtowe. (or UE)
That's something i looked into and can't find the cause unless it's in assembly code.

ssuser

No, bb1's were totally new models and the errors were unrelated to the stock GT bug, as they were placed on the map in edit mode - it was something else.

I always wondered what caused that stock GT bug - I think it is the only "vehicle" type unit that modifies terrain when placed, maybe that has something to do with it? It is really a hybrid sort of unit, having characteristics of both vehicles and buildings.

It has caused alot of trouble for ppl over the years, Existence had to patch LOTG since his AT-Stabber GTs would crash the game when you tried to build one. If you could find the problem that would be a very worthwhile fix to make.

bb1

Quote from: AHadley on August 16, 2009, 03:00:35 AM
Maybe if you mail the models to Avatar, they would make an appearance...

NSDF
aiming up
firing test- custom rockets, trying to get angle right (they are lopsided because I wanted to see how close the rockets would lock on depending on firing angle).

CCA
Front/Back. Now that I look at it again, with little modification, the back of the CCA rocket bank can be used as a beam laser ;) Well, in this one the pilot sits in the far pod. Accuracy wasn't important on this one since the rockets are more concussive and tend to cause more "wobbliness" than impact damage. No in-game screenshots on this one since I could never get those dang missles to behave as planned and I dropped the project long ago before finishing them (even though now I would use tiny day wreckers disguised as missles to achieve the goal I wanted.

Nothing really special. Just something I whipped up in a few hours back when I did stuff like that. AV probably doesn't have much interest in non-canon items ;)

AHadley

Oh yes he has. He's got a non-canon RV IIRC.

Dx

When exactly does it UE?