• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

1.3 Swampy made for MPI

Started by thebestplayerever, July 16, 2009, 11:33:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thebestplayerever

Hi guys,
Just made a quick conversion of the 1.3 instant action map Swampy created by Lizard to MPI. Haven't encountered any bugs/issues so far and it's proved rather challenging the first few times I've attempted to play it on insane etc.
Not sure what the preferred method of distributing maps etc here is, but I've uploaded it to Filefront for now: http://www.filefront.com/14054395/mpiswampy.zip
If there are any bugs/issues that you encounter or if you have any suggestions for the map please let me know.
Cheers. :-D

TheJamsh

Pretty sure i saw you testing this yesterday, sounds good :)

E-pack material?

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Red Devil

Well done.  To mix things up some more, you can have up to 32 stage points now.
What box???

thebestplayerever

Quote from: TheJamsh on July 17, 2009, 01:19:22 AM
Pretty sure i saw you testing this yesterday, sounds good :)

E-pack material?

Oh, I don't think it's E-pack material or anything quite yet, still a few little bugs to sort out. It plays perfectly fine when you use Wug's insane AI, but when you use Default 1.3 there are a few pathing issues with tanks/lancers etc at the top left pool. I'm also not entirely sure how to make it so the AI towers spawned at the start of the map change according to what race you're playing against, will have to look around for that I guess. 
I literally had 0 map making experience about an hour or two before it was finished. I was originally just going to use the terrain and make the rest from scratch while I was learning, but simply changing the IA map around a bit (changing from instant to MPI dll in the editor, deleting a few player spawn points, deleting some units and changing the team #s around) made it play just fine. I'll probably continue to work on it while I learn about all the map editing techniques etc, but if you wanted to include it in the pack it'd probably need a few minor (I assume) edits first.

TheJamsh

ahh, well for towers, youll have to use the SHIFT+F9 view to create pathpoints for them

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.