• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Respawning Pilots

Started by AHadley, July 17, 2009, 03:47:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AHadley

Whenever I get killed in Pilot Deathmatch, I keep respawning as a stock pilot, rather than my own modified soldier. Is anybody able to tell me why?

Red Spot

Afaik I'd say because of this bit of code ...
// Given a race identifier, get the pilot odf back
char *Deathmatch01::GetInitialPlayerPilotODF(char Race)
{
strcpy_s(TempODFName, "ispilo");
TempODFName[0] = Race;
return TempODFName;
}
*Something intelligent, yet funny*

TheJamsh

yeh you will need a custom .dll

ZEMOD already pioneered SDM which is why i wish we could include it in the e-pack as i love it, but check that to see how they did it.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

AHadley

I have no way of making anything even remotely like a DLL... unless in this case it is just removing that line of code or something simple like that. What do I need to do and what do I need to do it?

Nielk1

Try forcing on craft only mode and see if that works. Do test getting in a craft on map and then back out.

Just a guess.

Click on the image...

AHadley

Can craft-only mode work when you're playing Pilot DM? I'll give it a try.

TheJamsh

No it wont, at least i seriously doubt it.

ZEMOD uses a custom .dll, which BTW DOES work with TA5. you will have to use that to get it to work. Download ZEMOD for 1.3, and use the DMDLL1.dll. I highly doubt space will mind.

AHadley

Don't be so sure.

ZE works suprisingly well with TA5, I'm impressed. Pretty.

General BlackDragon

:) good. TEST IT AND FIND BUGS!! :P

*****General BlackDragon*****

TheJamsh

flickering trees :). sweet as they look on the finland map, they do flicker a little.