• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Creating a plot for the 1.3 Community Project: Part 2

Started by Angstromicus, August 02, 2009, 12:46:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which stories do you favor the most?

Mr X's Time story
15 (60%)
AHadley's Perfidious story
9 (36%)
DROP PENDING: Gen_Hoohah's FE Sequel
5 (20%)
ScrapPool's Full Circle story
11 (44%)

Total Members Voted: 25

AHadley

It wouldn't have done. Same way it didn't mention the Pan-Asian Space Coalition (that right?) There was more than just the NSDF and the CCA in space, and BZ1 didn't tell you all of it.

Clavin12

Here's a nice simple idea for blending the plots.

The Scions and the AAN have made a treaty with the Hadeans and are collaborating to create a portal designed to work more efficiently and travel greater distances than the current star portal technology. The portal was nearly finished when a distress signal is picked up coming from the construction site. The Scions investigate finding the portal captured by a faction of rogue Hadeans (these had broken off from the main Hadeans because they didn't want to have any peace with the Scions or AAN). The scions also found that a third Cthonian race that had been in hiding had joined with these rogue Hadeans because they wanted to invest in the rogue Hadeans newly captured portal. This new race had revealed their technological supremacy by working with the Hadeans and turning this star portal into a time portal. This is a big shock to the Scions and the AAN and they then send a large flagship to try and take back this portal. The third Cthonian race (Hzarzk, Tartarans anyone?) further reveal their technology by taking hold of the Scion flagship with a tractor beam. They open the portal and send themselves and the Flagship with them blasting into the future, and into a system not yet discovered by anyone but the third Cthonian race. The players main objective now is to get back through the portal and to their home world, while their secondary objective is to defeat the third Cthonian race and recapture the portal. as a twist they might meet the future Scions and AAN.

Comments welcomed.
C l a v i n 1 2

AHadley

Hmm... I don't see much evidence of Full Circle in there really, or Perfidious... you've bended everything into it except the two we wanted to bend into it! :lol:

Nielk1

Quote from: AHadley on August 10, 2009, 02:44:53 PM
Hmm... I don't see much evidence of Full Circle in there really, or Perfidious... you've bended everything into it except the two we wanted to bend into it! :lol:

Grade A Calvin. Now if he had the space dolphins it would be A+ Calvin. :roll:

Click on the image...

Clavin12

Quote from: AHadley on August 10, 2009, 02:44:53 PM

I merely took elements of the stories not actual chunks of storyline.

N1, How do you mean? Is that supposed to be an insult? The dolphins were a mere stupid idea not even written down unless you saved that particular chat.
C l a v i n 1 2

Mr X

I'm struggling to see much of the storylines in that. :P

So far mine is the most popular and I can see evidence for any of it...
http://www.bzuniverse.com/forum/index.php/topic,10101.0.html
starting January 2010!

Clavin12

well there's a portal and time travel and an objective of getting through a portal. I was thinking the rogue hadeans and the third Cthonian race would be kind of capturing you and some of the missions would be involved in escaping and then the real conquest stuff would start.

P.S. There is a third Cthonian race that designs time travel.
C l a v i n 1 2

bb1

I think having Hadeans period is bogus because the Cthonians are all dead.

Rocket

Quote from: bb1 on August 10, 2009, 07:26:18 PM
I think having Hadeans period is bogus because the Cthonians are all dead.

i thought they were all dead too, until i played FE....
Hidden Defenders Mod

Clavin12

Ok, I have a little edit for my submission to better mirror the storylines

The Captured Scions manage to escape their cthonian captors and discover that there is another portal leading out of the system. They still intend to return through the portal they came through but the Cthonians (that's all I'm going to refer to them as right now) came after them and cut off their escape though the original portal and where forced through this new portal which hapened to lead to a time recently before the start of the original battlezone storyline. (or some other time period according to the tastes of the community.)

If you want me to change something say so right out please. I don't like writing a whole new story because of one differential detail.
C l a v i n 1 2

Mr X

I don't see what was wrong with my crossover.

Clavin, you're pretty much just writing a new story aren't you? I mean, 95% of it is still stuff that wasn't in anyone else's.
starting January 2010!

Clavin12

as I said I'm writing with elements and ideas from the other stories, not plot. If you don't like it I can try again or you can get another writer. I mostly did this because I saw no one else was.
C l a v i n 1 2

Mr X

I have,

we're just waiting for scrappool to give an opinion.

Clavin, i'm just confused by your ability to combine stuff and not have it vaguely resemble the stuff that people have already said that they liked.
starting January 2010!

Clavin12

I think I'll try again but keep more of the plot lines intact.
C l a v i n 1 2

AHadley

I think X's is best at the moment too. It manages to keep PF intact too, which I'm glad of :lol: