• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

1.3 pb 4 without the tech alpha crap?

Started by Gibbz, August 08, 2009, 03:16:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gibbz

Hey Guys,
is there a 1.3 public beta 4 out there without the techalpha 5 stuff, as it doesnt run with that patch :(

Zero Angel

The previous patch to TA5 is called PB4a -- however keep in mind that most players are on 1.2 or TA5 so you wont have very many joiners in your games.

Check bzscrap.com for it
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

Gibbz

Oh dear god! my eyes  :-o

yeah im only looking for it for lan play :) Still cant seem to find the file, or im looking in the wrong spot...

Gibbz

TheJamsh

i dont get it... whats the point in running pb4a when TA5 is available. Its amazing how many people cant understand that TA5 IS Public Beta 5.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Arbystrider

PB4a has no DX9.

Also PB4a is a lot similar to PB3, which is similar to PB2, which is similar to PB1, which is similar to 1.2, wich is similar to 1.1, which is similar to the 1.1 betas, and ultimately which is similar to 1.0. :D
Quote from: GreenHeart on October 06, 2009, 01:39:19 AM
Beware of internet explorer it is horribly evil.
Yes it is. Stay away. Somebody should warn Microfeck. And call 911.

bigbadbogie

My fist is about to be similar to your face.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

TheJamsh

Gibbz

because ta5 doesnt run!

and so it seems neither does beta 4 after testing :(

mrtwosheds

Its always best to run old programs on old machines... :-D

Warfreak

If you can't get it to run it's because of 5 essential things not taking place: (It says TA5, but applies to ALL 1.3 Versions)

1. Latest DX9 is NOT installed properly/at all on your computer.
2. Latest Runtimes included with the TA5 Installer are not installed properly/at all on your computer.
3. TA5 is not installed properly/at all on your computer.
4. Your hardware cannot run TA5 properly/at all. (Get a build of 1.2 on your pc to play online, only "old" version used.)
5. You cannot debug your issue properly/at all.

SO, either post some logs, describe your problem, or install 1.2 IF you truly can't get TA5 working. (or get a new computer :P)

Gibbz

check dx10.1 :D

2. Latest Runtimes included with the TA5 Installer are not installed properly/at all on your computer.
check

3. TA5 is not installed properly/at all on your computer.
check

4. Your hardware cannot run TA5 properly/at all. (Get a build of 1.2 on your pc to play online, only "old" version used.)
check

5. You cannot properly debug your issue properly/at all.
yep its a windows 7 issues

Vid

Quote from: Gibbz on August 08, 2009, 08:30:50 AM
check dx10.1 :D

DX10 does not necessarily include ALL components of DX9c.   BZ2 may call on an old dll file from DX9 that isn't in DX10 for instance.  There are a few games that require an install of DX9 seperate from DX10.  Not sure if BZ2 is one of these.

However, what issues are you having?  Does the game crash, does it not load, does it give an error message?
Does 1.2 Battlezone 2 install correctly and work?

Warfreak

Win7? I think we've had a handful test TA5 on Win7 and it apparently worked fine for them.

I'd go with what Vid said and install DX9. I personally downloaded DX9 separately for TA5.

TheJamsh

post a log gibbz. 9 times out of ten its missing DX9 components.