• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Maximum Impact (Circumference of Darkness) and Seven Seconds

Started by AHadley, August 08, 2009, 02:56:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AHadley

Ooh, this is odd. Writing on a forum about books... :lol:

I've been reading Maximum Impact (Circumference of Darkness to you americans) by Jack Henderson recently, and it's a hell of a book, rather gripping. I thought it rather appropriate too, being about two computer nerds. Far and away beyond us, though.

Its sequel, Seven Seconds, I have yet to read. Or see in a shop.

http://www.jackhenderson.com/?page_id=33

Jack Henderson's CIRCUMFERENCE OF DARKNESS (Bantam pb 12/07) is so good, you'll have a hard time believing it's a first novel. The plot is terrific: a brilliant computer hacker, known as Phr33k, is abducted by terrorists who want him to help them bring down the U.S. The country's only hope for survival: a beautiful 22-year-old prodigy, Jeannie Reese, who, after 9/11, designed the country's new high-tech surveillance system. This is the sort of story Michael Crichton could knock out of the park, but Henderson doesn't need Crichton's help to hit a homer. An exciting, suspenseful, and frighteningly plausible near-future thriller.