• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Upgrading weapons

Started by Flash, August 09, 2009, 08:50:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bb1

What I never understood was that scrap level where you needed like 5 silos or something. The mission could have also been the one here you get a CCA APC and tank at Bravo Nav (start in bomber with sandbag) not sure if these are one in the same anymore. Anyway-

There is a point in the map that if you fly by some object, Blum (can't remember his character) says WHOA, stay back...you don't want to upset that thing. Collins agrees, but I can destroy it or move near it and nothing different or unexpected happens in the mission. What does it do?

Vid

I think you just had to collect 75 units of scrap in that mission.  There are 4? static furies in that mission, and you randomly get hit by flying furies if memory serves.  Theres a small hangar/fieldhq with a non-working gun tower, and you get 2 CCA tanks and an APC at the start.

Supposedly I think that is supposed to be a fury factory... or where they come out.  However as you said, there seems to be no penalty in destroying and the furies still come out if memory serves.

ssuser

The building you are thinking of is the Tartarus Prison - ubtart.odf. All that happens when you go near it is General Collins warns you to stay away, nothing else. I'm assuming that something else they didn't have time to finish, as I recall, there is a warning about activating a defense grid when you ID it. Maybe for BZC Avatar could make it spawn 4 furies next to you when you go near it the next time, and General Collins could cuss you out: "God Da** it, Grizzly One, you've really done it this time!" and then you could be treated to a cutscene in which a blizzard of Furies destroys your recycler.  :-D

Or, for a kindler, gentler mission, just double the Fury activity after that.  8-)

Tartarus is, in Greek mythology, where the Titans were imprisoned.

So of course I have plans for it in BZC...      :evil:    Now, once BZC is out I have several plans, in no particular order:

Do the same thing for TRO.

Do an 'extended campaign' for BZ1, fleshing out the missions, adding side missions, enhancing effects (ala BZ2 type effects) and branching off into the 'inbetween years' up to where Braddock establishes Pluto Base and the Scions are born.   I've written a bit along those lines in 'Uncle Avatar's Storytime'.

Do the Ancients Campaign.

Which one I do first depends on my mood, but I'm leaning towards the Ancients as I have them pretty fully fleshed out and, of course, they did come first...  that would also let me do a few things that would echo into the BZ1 extended campaign.

TRO I'm not really looking forward to as the missions were very hard, and it won't be easy for me to play through them 1000x like I have during the BZ1 missions development.  OTOH I can just cheat my way through them so maybe it won't be that bad.   ("Hmmm, OK, four Golems spawn there...  editor delete...   next!")   :-P

-Av-

ssuser

Adding in some side missions and fleshing out BZ1 sounds like a cool idea. There is so much stuff that went unused. For example, you never see those Hydra units - I'd like to see a better Io campaign, where you actually get into Lerna and see its ruins - I think they truncated the Io missions because the darn AI loves to go swimming in the lava so much.  :-D

The Havoc Cannon never makes an appearance - that would be fun to try out.

Also, there is the American Fury - I did put that into the Shrieking Eagles campaign, I'd love to see a storyline with mission following these guys out to Pluto. Strange that it never made it into the SP missions.

Nielk1

I don't know were you get the American Fury mesh since the vdf is just HPs.

Don't forget about ROTBD Avatar :-P.

Click on the image...

Vid

Quote from: ssuser on August 27, 2009, 10:56:54 PM
I think they truncated the Io missions because the darn AI loves to go swimming in the lava so much.  :-D

Funny how in BZ2 the units don't spend as much time in the lava, but they do get attracted to buildings like magnets and can't ever seem to get free from inside a gun tower... well at least treaded units.  They tried to fix one thing, and another broke :)

There was an American Fury in BZ1?  Or do you just mean hypothetically since Americans also worked on the same technology, they must have made one too.

bb1

An unused texture/model. For sure texture, not sure model.

Havoc cannon was the one that made you spin out of control, wasn't it? I remember in an IA map I played, that's how they did the Havoc. Totally fried the controls. They never worked MAS Grenade into the campaign; it was more likely designed as a harrassment weapon in strat because of the complete nonsense in a campaign that an NSDF vehicle would turn and start shooting everything it owns just because of a radar glitch.

Quote from: Nielk1 on August 28, 2009, 12:24:36 AM
Don't forget about ROTBD Avatar :-P.

Ack...  EDIT!  I need an EDIT here!   :)

I have all of the unused models found in BZ1 working in BZ2.  Everything from the Comet to the Popgun is there, larger than life.   :)   The Havoc Cannon in BZC grabs you and tosses you around a lot, but it uses the omegakick values that I believe cause issues in MP.  If so it'll be an SP item only...  it's more annoying than anything but it does tie up one unit at a time such that they can't hit anything.

I think any storyline starts out as an outline and changes as the missions are created and actually played.  This is exactly how movies go together, and why later on you usually see a 'Directors Cut' that includes everything that ended up cut from the release version.

So, we need to do a Director's cut for BZ1...  right?  :)

-Av-

ssuser

Yep bb1, the texture was full, the American Fury model was just an invisible piece. But the texture fits perfectly on the standard Hadean sav if you just change the parts to the new skin. I made some Havoc Cannon mines for Hard Case - maybe that's the map you are thinking of. I basically made a reversed Sandbag that would make your controls super sensitive - you would spin around uncontrollably when you tried to move. I found that for player use you had to make this weapon fire only in the interval of the effect - if you hit a unit with multiple shots otherwise it would spin faster and faster until the game crashed.

Av, I've made a few working relic models myself for BZ1 since Dummy released his VDF editor - nasty Flash Cannon relics and Pop Guns that drop full rockets on you - ouch. Do you have the Comet relic files? I think they are found only in the bz1 demo - I don't see GEOs anywhere in BZ1, not in 1.4, anyway.

Dx

What's the name on it, i'll check the beta assets.
I never looked for a american fury skin...

ssuser

The comet name? It's obcmmi.odf - has no associated SDF file or GEOs in normal BZ, as far as I can tell.

It would be useful to have - imagine an IA map in which comets are launched at you from 400m out whenever you get near the enemy base...

I think the fury skin is avsav00.map - It too is an incomplete unit, appears in the game as an almost invisible 2d polygon. You can drive it though, if you alter the bzn file. BS'er used it as a trigger in his mission Recovery, IIRC.

General BlackDragon

i remember asking dx for obcmmi he never found it?

*****General BlackDragon*****

Dx

obcmmi.sdf i found in the bzone.zfs assets, the geo is Ahcc1bda.geo which isn't there.

Name:         Comet Missile
Class:         Radar Guided Missile
Constructed By:      Olympian Council
Date of Construction:   3241 NR
Engineer:      Paternus
Information:

A highly accurate radar guided smart missile
engineered by Olympian scientist Paternus in
the year 3241 NR. First used during the
assault of the Hadean city Argus where an
estimated 2,000,000 Hadeans were killed. 
Paternus was profoundly saddened by such a
staggering loss of life and vowed never to
produce such a weapon again." 

[GameObjectClass]
classLabel = "i76building"
scrapCost = 0
scrapValue = 0
maxHealth = 7000
maxAmmo = 0
unitName = "Comet"

bb1

2 million? Wow, that's something... NSDF really screwed up when they replicated that missle; it kills at most a tank or something.