• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Upgrading weapons

Started by Flash, August 09, 2009, 08:50:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: ssuser on September 12, 2009, 09:53:14 PM
Mmmmm, but... the Furies have Bolt Buddies, which show up nowhere else in SP, plus the WASP, which is another unique weapon and seems to be an inherent Fury device, at least by the shape and color of its design. So I am thinking that electric arc technology is of Fury/Hadean origin.

I suppose it is possible that the Arc Mines were originally Olympian, it is just curious to me that they show up like that on just the one Mars mission, almost as an afterthought. Also, the INF file for these shows up as saying these are "Much more destructive than the Olympian version", this is for both the Mars mines and the later ones, maybe a mistake by the devs, or maybe they found they couldn't spawn a custom one later with a custom odf?

BTW Av, is that Comet pic I posted up above yours?

This link:

http://www.battlezoneclub.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=2539

Requires that I log in to see the pic...   
Trying my usual username/password tells me it's invalid. 
Asking to change my password tells me the username/password information could not be accessed.
Trying to register tells me my username and email address are already in use...

*sigh*

I'm always happy to get pictures in email at bz-av spammers can bite me atar spammers can bite me @ sbcglobal.net.   :)

(We just had a web site dedicated to my buddy's old Navy Ship mined for email addresses, which these poor guys didn't know to NOT ever post in a forum.  Very sad, messing with Vets like that.)

Been a rough week already...

-Av-

General BlackDragon

gmbolt is the weapon used by the boltmine, it's a beamgun.

[WeaponClass]
classLabel = "beamgun"
ordName = "mbolt"
wpnName = "Bolt Buddy"
fireSound = "gbmin01.wav"
wpnReticle = "octagon"
wpnPriority = 0
wpnCategory = "CANN"

there isnt a problem with the bolt code. he was referring to the bolt mine wich also uses beamgun. i.e. a blue flash cannon :P

*****General BlackDragon*****

bb1

In SP the gmbolt isn't very powerful at all. You can stand in front of the mines and take aim and kill it when you're good and ready.

Dx

GBD doesn't know which odf does what. hehehe  :-(

General BlackDragon

actually, i looked at the files themselves. I'm looking at the ones for the boltmine.

ssuser

Bolt mines are more of a nuisance in SP than anything else, although I find it hard to shoot them while they are zapping me. If you are on foot, of course, it is a different matter.

I wonder what the "octagon" reticle was supposed to look like? It seems not to exist, as the mbolt weapon has just a little dot for the reticle.

Av, I'll email you the pic.

Dx

Quote from: General BlackDragon on September 15, 2009, 08:51:58 AM
actually, i looked at the files themselves. I'm looking at the ones for the boltmine.

The boltmine has the same screwed up code as the Flash Cannon, they use the same beam class.

Try this:
[OrdnanceClass]
classLabel = "beam"

shotGeometry = NULL
xplGround = "xlgtgnd"
xplVehicle = "xlgtcar"
xplBuilding = "xlgtbld"

ammoCost = 0
lifeSpan = 100e-6
shotSpeed = 1e6
damageBallistic = 100
damageConcussion = 0
damageFlame = 0
damageImpact = 0

[BeamClass]
segmentRadius = 0.1
segmentLength = 1.0
segmentVariance = 0.5
segmentTexture = "beam_b.1"

General BlackDragon

Yeah. Thats the ordinence. I thought the "beamgun" classlabel in the G file was what's broken? ooooh. Right, the beam code controls the ordinence and hitting stuff.  :| my bad.

I keep thinking it's partial to only the flash cannon class, beamgun.

bb1

The classlabel, beam, has broken code. Someday if I ever become a programmer and get my hands on the code for it, I'd like to take a looksie to see what the hell is wrong with the damage per second variables. Beam is an amazing weapon in general, as the sheer pwnage one feels when firing is pure goodliness. It doesn't transfer over network well, with the beam appearing fragmented and broken (would be a lot more difficult to fix then a damage issue).

I believe part of the problem in the code may or may not have to do with the beam class supposedly suppressing the tank's engines by overheating them. This is not seen in game, however.

General BlackDragon

ssuser

I think all damage in bz1 is a simple reduction in a units health; though you get some other effects, like impact shock to a unit, these are peripheral effects.

It would be neat in a new incarnation to see units suffer other types of damage, like engines cutting in and out, disruptions in comms (difficulty in contacting units, loss of Satellite link, etc.), loss of weapons, and some different vehicle sonds to reflect damage done.

General BlackDragon

hehehehe I can imagine a grizzly with a blown off fin, spinning around in one direction.

Dx

I always liked the tech upgrades in Cyberstorm, apply that to Bz and it would be very interesting. :)

Biometal distributes any damage across the entire mass, which is why they hold together until the very end and then go BOOM...

It's just how it is... 

:)

-Av-

Nielk1

Click on the image...