• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

The gamepimp strikes again

Started by AcneVulgaris, August 11, 2009, 10:48:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AcneVulgaris

I know none of you has iphones or ipods, but I'm going to subject you to my latest project anyway.  We submitted screenshots to toucharcade.com (they're a major iphone game site) this morning, and they put it up there on the front page, where things like wolfenstein usually are.  We also got over 100 responses on the threads about it, just today, and a couple thousand thread views.  The response has been overwhelmingly postive.

I'm so excited I can hardly keep from wetting my pants and have been prone to fits of tugging on my ears and screaming like a schoolgirl all day, when I should be coding.

Check it out at http://www.toucharcade.com (they have the screenshots), and we also have a little blurb up at http://www.ravensword.com.

Red Devil

I may have to get an iPhone just for this.   :mrgreen:
What box???

Red Spot

Quote from: AcneVulgaris on August 11, 2009, 10:48:46 PM
I know none of you has iphones or ipods....

I personally dont like pocketsize explosives to carry around ... ;)
*Something intelligent, yet funny*

mrtwosheds

Erm. Seems you so excited you forgot to tell us which is yours...

Warfreak

RavenSword is the game He is Developing.

Looks EXTREAMLY promising, any chances of a PC port?  :-D

AcneVulgaris

Quote from: mrtwosheds on August 12, 2009, 10:20:49 AM
Erm. Seems you so excited you forgot to tell us which is yours...

Oh.  Sorry.  It's Ravensword.

And now it's scrolled down a bit on the main page.  So much for my 15 minutes of fame.

Red:  Hold out for a 3rd gen iPod.  Phones are for girls.

Warfreak:  Mac and PC versions are under consideration.   We gotta get the iphone version out first though, or we're gonna starve.

Warfreak

Answered my question. (BTW, in my asking of a PC Port, kinda implied that the Iphone one had to be out first :))

sabrebattletank

Maybe a linux port?

-_-

You'd have at least one download!

(That'd be me, in case you couldn't tell.)

bb1

Quote from: AcneVulgaris on August 12, 2009, 10:54:43 PM
Oh.  Sorry.  It's Ravensword.

And now it's scrolled down a bit on the main page.  So much for my 15 minutes of fame.

Red:  Hold out for a 3rd gen iPod.  Phones are for girls.

Warfreak:  Mac and PC versions are under consideration.   We gotta get the iphone version out first though, or we're gonna starve.

Or a Palm Pre. All else is just a brick.

Or a Tegra. But then you're just insane.

Raven

Quote from: sabrebattletank on August 26, 2009, 04:31:10 PM
Maybe a linux port?

-_-

You'd have at least one download!

(That'd be me, in case you couldn't tell.)

Thats what wine is for. Wine runs EvE perfectly fine, I'm sure it'll handle that.

sabrebattletank

Wine is meh.

You never know with wine.

AcneVulgaris

It might run under wine if I did a PC port... but I'm not even going to touch trying to support that.  I went Linux for a couple years, and even did a Linux build of M.A.D. that worked fairly well, except for sound.  Sound on Ubuntu and Redhat was a total mess at that time, and I never did get it working well.

I could also do a wii port, but Nintendo wants 10k to publish, so that's out until I make my first million.

I spent a significant amount of time developing a 3D engine on Ubuntu, as I was thinking about making some arcade games and wanted a free OS to go in them.  Sound problems killed that project, too.  It's a shame, too, because I really like KDevelop, and haven't been able to get it to work right on anything but Linux.

Raven

Well Ubuntu has improved drastically over the years, especially recently so you never know, you might be able to look into it again if you still have the work. I used to run Arch but I mainly use Ubuntu these days since I'm so lazy. Its basically Windows without the fail which is what I was looking for. I also use it as a server. The only problem I had was getting a USB headset to work. Took a while but its fine.
My aunty kept screwing her (pretty old) laptop because she has no concept of what not to click on the internet. I gave up and put Ubuntu on it instead and made it look and operate in ways pretty damn close to XP. She's fine with it and I haven't had a call since. Plus its like, twice as responsive now.
Ah I digress. I'm getting good at that, sorry...

Good luck with the project, and a wii version would kick ass! I'd buy it :)